Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have an appointment today for the installation of a strut brace bar on my 17 Forte S. Per a phone call in the morning from the Kia service dept, upon opening the box, the rep told me that the windshield wiper shroud would have to be cut. With this needing to be done, there is the potential for rattling after the installation. I opted to not have it installed. I drive a lot of miles per day and don't need rattles. I did a Google search entitled "potential rattle with Strut Brace Bar" and got a lot of results, (for various cars). Didn't read many because I had the bright idea to come HERE and get some feedback. Is this a common/known problem? - Kevin

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hello all. I have an appointment today for the installation of a strut brace bar on my 17 Forte S. Per a phone call in the morning from the Kia service dept, upon opening the box, the rep told me that the windshield wiper shroud would have to be cut. With this needing to be done, there is the potential for rattling after the installation. I opted to not have it installed. I drive a lot of miles per day and don't need rattles. I did a Google search entitled "potential rattle with Strut Brace Bar" and got a lot of results, (for various cars). Didn't read many because I had the bright idea to come HERE and get some feedback. Is this a common/known problem? - Kevin
Hmm there are many different styles of mounts for strut bars. Like Mine has like a 3 inch tall bridge structure that sits on the side of shock tower. Mine was a factory 2010 SXR one. I know some of the solid one piece bars sit very flat where they mount to the shock tower which would be a way lower profile. This is not an issue on my 2010 Sedan but sounds different on the 17. Take a look the 1st is kinds like mine the second has a much lower mount profile. FYI get one as it makes a very big difference in all type of driving.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm there are many different styles of mounts for strut bars. Like Mine has like a 3 inch tall bridge structure that sits on the side of shock tower. Mine was a factory 2010 SXR one. I know some of the solid one piece bars sit very flat where they mount to the shock tower which would be a way lower profile. This is not an issue on my 2010 Sedan but sounds different on the 17. Take a look the 1st is kinds like mine the second has a much lower mount profile. FYI get one as it makes a very big difference in all type of driving. View attachment 79178 View attachment 79179
Hey Brother SX - Your two pictures represent MY understanding of a strut brace bar, which is why I didn't think this would be difficult. However, the one I bought looks different. It is from pierce motor sport, and it has "k" type structures on the ends (vs. the handcuff style in your photos). The other issue is that my '17 Forte has a shroud across the width of the car - under the window vent, (the "wiper shroud"?) and it was indicated that the shop would need to cut that. Ultimately, I decided not to have it installed. Thank you for your input, though. K-Mac

1 - 3 of 3 Posts