Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I hope I will find some help in this forum. I bought a Forte SX 2.4 automatic 5 speeds 3 months ago. My concern is that the transmission is shifting at low rpm. The transmission is in 5th speed at 60 km with rpm at 1200! It seems like the engine will die... I went to the dealer and they reprogramed the transmission computer without success. What does your rpm indicate when you're running at 60 km?

Thanks in advance...

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
When I'm running 65MPH, I'm right at 2k. Not sure about any other speeds...

·
Registered
98 Posts
he inquired about KPH, and yes, the rpms stay really low, that sounds about right, the car is meant to be fuel effiecient and be in the in the highest gear without stalling the engine or OVERlugging it

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,171 Posts
^^^agreed...mine do this too (Koup and Sedan SX w/5 spd autos). If you don't want it to upshift as quick use the sportmatic and manually shift it. It is designed for max mileage. at 45 -55 MPH my RPMs are between 1500-1800 RPM!

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,171 Posts
Ok, thanks, I thought my transmission was defective! Up to now I don't get the mileage efficiency though...
I'm beginning to believe the winter-gasoline-blend is having a severe affect on MPG -- I've dropped an average of 2 MPG this month. Which reminds me I need to go check my tire pressure:) -- that can have an effect too!

·
Registered
405 Posts
Well, i have the 4 speed A/T with my 2.0L and yes, it shifts too fast IMO.

Try using the steptronic... u'll see a big difference.

Mine seems to shift at 15Km/h, then something like 30 and then i'm in fourth at 50 Km/h...

Ca comme pas de rapport !!!!!!!! Nonsense !

"Manually", i change the speed between 2500 and 3000... i get in third 'til 70km/h. Get better fuel efficiency and the car doen't seem it wants to die everywhere on the main streets !!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts