Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Kia Forte SX with no options, with 4500 miles, demo car at the dealership,
they offered 15.9k + TTL.

It doesn't have any leather seats or moon roof.

is this a good deal?
Also, what is considered a good deal for a NEW SX model?

it's automatic by the way.

·
Registered
39 Posts
$ in USD right?

Then yeah, its a good deal. You actually get to start both of the warranties as if its a new car since it was a demo.

(EDIT: AUTO OR MANUAL MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE IN COST TOO)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Some questions to ask them and yourself:
1) Who keeps the $1,000. rebate, you or the dealer?
A basic SX would be about $16,900-17,100 at invoice, so if they keep the rebate
they are making out like a bandit for a USED car. If you get to keep the rebate
then they are only dropping $1,000. off the price so they are selling it to you with
4,500 miles on it about $200. over the invoice price which is a deal you could get
anywhere.
2) Do you get the FULL 5year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty or do they
start the warranty at 4,500 miles?
3) In this ex car salesman's opinion, this is an ok deal but I still think they can do
another $500. off the car considering the mileage. Just my former professional
opinion.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Some questions to ask them and yourself:
1) Who keeps the $1,000. rebate, you or the dealer?
A basic SX would be about $16,900-17,100 at invoice, so if they keep the rebate
they are making out like a bandit for a USED car. If you get to keep the rebate
then they are only dropping $1,000. off the price so they are selling it to you with
4,500 miles on it about $200. over the invoice price which is a deal you could get
anywhere.
2) Do you get the FULL 5year 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty or do they
start the warranty at 4,500 miles?
3) In this ex car salesman's opinion, this is an ok deal but I still think they can do
another $500. off the car considering the mileage. Just my former professional
opinion.
thank you so much.

ill ask about the warranty and try to get $500, so about $15.4k total? would that be a good deal?
they were willing to do 0% APR on a EX, so I guess I can also ask for that on this deal as well, yes?
I think they will add freight in later..

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
They sure drove that car alot for a demo, is it a year old now? It has nearly twice the milage as mine and I bought mine in December.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
that many miles..
a "dealer" car........
who knows what kinda crazy "test" drives it has be on?....

(look at stories about the light clutch/dead pedal issues-imagine- if that dealership used that one car just to take out all the folks that have "no idea" about the slight problem......)

then add in.
folks taking it for a test spin around the city that barely know how to work a clutch..

then add in.
the crowd that says......oooooooooo can this work better than a certain ricer?

i sure as hell would be not only getting the dealer to start the warrenty from zero-
but adding extra bits to cover 'rough' driving

seriously-
i belive you can quite possibly find a car much more virgin, in pretty much the same price range (maybe a lil higher...but no sloppy 2nds,3rds,4th and 5ths...
( 6ths on the koup 6spd - lol)

regardless-
i hope you find that one car that makes you happy.

good luck and godspeed

and as far as the rebates/and lack of leather seats/no sun/moonroof/if its a US SX- you have a problem...if a CN car...well- you can look forward to shiny door handles.....

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
umm, well I see the guys at my kia dealer sitting in these cars often.. and like tampajoey said above that cars few thousand miles have been hard.

Id say hey nice to save some money, but there is a bright blue koup sx on ebay and last I checked it was at 15,000 and the milage was very low like 2o.
Not sure what the reserve is on it thou.
Sounds nice to save money but I'd check around since a new clutch plate is not covered in are mighty warrenty anyway. * due to expected parts to wear out*

·
Registered
129 Posts
It's an auto, not 6spd. so no problem with the clutch. there is no clutch. Now, I will agree that 4500 miles for a demo is alot. And if I'm right Kia voids the 10yr/100k and reduces it to 3yr/36k. That's why I never bought a used 1.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
From the sound of it from the mileage, this car was used by the salesmen from the dealership as a get to know car. Meaning that they each got to drive it (home and to work) for a week or so to get familiar with the vehicle. And it may have been used as a "loaner" as well.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It's an auto, not 6spd. so no problem with the clutch. there is no clutch. Now, I will agree that 4500 miles for a demo is alot. And if I'm right Kia voids the 10yr/100k and reduces it to 3yr/36k. That's why I never bought a used 1.

well in this case thats good its not a manual.. but I was just saying that as a example.. same thing would go for wear and tear parts inside a auto.. but less likely to need them.

Idk how they could void a ten year on a car they never sold. As far as I know reading the warrenty said something about first owner, so he should still get ten years.
But of course I'd talk to them and see what they say at the dealership.
:)

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
kinda the same deal iff the dealer lets the person take the car home for a day or two(just like mine did) and the person puts a shit load of miles on it... brings it back and doesnt want it. the next buyer might get it with 500+ miles on it... thats certainly not new but still never had an owner and shouuld still come with their full waranty :) yes, i put roughly 600 miles on mine for the 3 days my dealer let me take it home for :)
and yes, i know that 500 miles is different than 4500 but its the point. its not new if it has 500 miles or 4500

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
kinda the same deal iff the dealer lets the person take the car home for a day or two(just like mine did) and the person puts a shit load of miles on it... brings it back and doesnt want it. the next buyer might get it with 500+ miles on it... thats certainly not new but still never had an owner and shouuld still come with their full waranty :) yes, i put roughly 600 miles on mine for the 3 days my dealer let me take it home for :)
and yes, i know that 500 miles is different than 4500 but its the point. its not new if it has 500 miles or 4500

ah man-
my new car is fixing to not be new any more......
at the 400 mile mark myself (got the car at 16 miles or so)
i hate growing old......lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the dealer is giving me 5 year 60,000 miles, bumper to bumper warranty.
so.. nobody is really sure to say that 15.9k is a good price eh?

·
Registered
644 Posts
There is an SX koup with the exact options I want at the dealer by me, and when I test drove it I realized it had 3300 miles on it, and I decided that regardless of the deal they gave me it wouldn't be a good enough deal over a brand new one. For only a little bit more money you can have a brand new one, and never have to worry about whether or not someone else did something to it, or if it'll break down later because they were really hard on the engine those miles while they had it. I know when I test drove it the salesman told me to floor it and test out the engine, so I assume that everyone else that got in the car did the same thing, and thats not a car that I would want to buy regardless of the price they gave, I'd rather spend the little extra and have a brand new car :] Hope that gives some food for thought and helps you a little bit.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I'd seriously just get new if you are looking at it the way you are.

And theres a lifetime warranty with some, the main selling point on the kia's for alot of people. I mean if you are 'settling' on something, at least 'settle' for the best you can get...

15.9 isnt much savings at all, really, not for 4500 miles and half the warranty. Just get it new.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
sounds like a bad deal.
thanks everyone, i won't be buying this car.
i was deciding between this car and the hyundai sonata 2011, and i think i have made up my mind now.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds like a bad deal. I paid 17k + TTL for my auto SX (dealer kept rebate). It had 360 miles on it (it was driven in from another dealer, and it was driven from further out west into the dealer it came from).

I could have had auto + sunroof SX for 17.2, but I would have had to taken orange. I'm wondering if I should have done that, rather than getting a black - so hard to keep clean/looking good.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts