Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
talked to my friend at the dealership today and he said they should be getting koup turbo by late spring that is news to me and I have been looking on the internet to find any information to confirm this,this guy is pretty smart and I think he knows what he is talking about hope so any body else heard anything

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I was just at the DC autoshow, and asked around. No one knew, but most seemed certain that a turbo variant would arrive soon. They were also optimistic on the type r parts being available in the future as well.

They had the koup type-r there and it was the sickest looking KIA I have ever seen (ill post pics as soon as I get them off my friends camera)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hmm let me see...

Sportage Turbo...Check!

Optima Turbo...Check!

Koup Turbo....hmmm....nope don't see it. Well there was the article from more than a year ago on Motor Trend.

Let check Kia Media, if it is going to be out by Spring then it will be listed like all the other turbo cars.....Nope.

Here is what you will see before a Kia Forte Koup Turbo; US K7, new Rio, redesigned Soul, and a RWD sports coup that Schreyer wants to build. With the buzz made about it from the start I am sure it will happen at some point, but I think Kia is going to focus else where since they just got the Forte line set up and the 5 door out.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,897 Posts
I think the Kia guy mentioned was talking about the Optima SX turbo coming this spring. Haven't seen any mention of the Koup Turbo coming this spring -- not even mentioned in the "coming soon" category on Kia.com.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
optima turbo was SUPPOSED to be in during jan and feb. they had it in there manuals for service on the turbo early jan and late dec. i was told by a guy there that theyre supposed to be getting trained in feb and march for the koup turbo so i can add another claim to your story about possibly getting it in late spring early summerish

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.