Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been enjoying Sirus for 8 months now. I know it's supposed to be free for just three months, but I wasn't about to complain! I just found it kinda curious that after taking my car in for my second service, it quit the next day. Do the dealers have to pay, and did the service guy discover that I still had it and had it disconnected? Just wondering if anyone knows. Is it different in Canada than the US? How much is everyone paying for Sirus in Canada? I've heard it's $15.00 per month.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Same thing here. I bought my car in Jan. I still have sirius : ) if the tech sees you still have sirius he doesnt care. lol hes not going to take the time to see if you pay for it or not, they (myself inc.) get paid flat-rate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same thing here. I bought my car in Jan. I still have sirius : ) if the tech sees you still have sirius he doesnt care. lol hes not going to take the time to see if you pay for it or not, they (myself inc.) get paid flat-rate.
I'm just wondering if Kia pays for the first three months. Isn't it possible that head office sent a notice to have it disabled the next time I'm in? I know, it's probably just a coincidence, but it seemed strange.

I don't know how Sirus works, but it seems odd that they would let it go for an extra 5 months.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm just wondering if Kia pays for the first three months. Isn't it possible that head office sent a notice to have it disabled the next time I'm in? I know, it's probably just a coincidence, but it seemed strange.

I don't know how Sirus works, but it seems odd that they would let it go for an extra 5 months.
After the 3 months sirius terminates your connection with the satellite. In order to continue service you must contact them and purchase a subscription.... well thats usually what happens but it seems a few of us have slipped through the cracks

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I lost is at three months, but before that time I get a phone call from them,
I agree to pay for another 3 months at 38.89 or somthing like that.
Then 3 days later It stops working so I call sirus ends Up I have to pay forty or fifty dollars for 3 months because my trial ran out.. I got the short end of the stick here lol

·
Registered
114 Posts
i know i quit mine after the first 3 months and i get letters all the time for 6 months for 20 dollars which aint bad at all but i use the usb and have like 500 songs so screw sirius lol

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
I have an Ipod with 12000 songs on it... why would i need sirius
Because the jason ellis show on Faction isn't on your ipod and that show is the funniest radio show I've ever listened too lol I'm paying for mine and I got a deal for the next 6 months for 9.99/month. Serius is awesome haha

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
funny thing i keep seeing about all these different prices ranges you are all getting on sirius-

they have a 6.99 month (http://http://www.sirius.com/packages/more#alacarte) -scroll to the very bottom- 50 station deal

is the reason that no one has mentioned that is because our radios are not equipped for "ala cart"?

heck- i wish sirius would even drop the deal even further 25 stations for 3.50-
and i'd be all over that deal-
or even bestest!!!!!- 10 stations for a dollar and i'd be set for life- :)

only problem though-
i hate the effin signal drops.....i live in florida- no hills, no tunnels, i dont drive downtown so no big buildings- and even on bright sunny surface of the sun type days- i still get LOS.
i got one month left on free account- curious to see how long it lasts past that point

·
Registered
132 Posts
mine definitely got zapped on my 3 month day.. i bought the subscription for a year which was roughly 180... it's alright i love my sirius radio ..listen to it everyday

·
Registered
9 Posts
I lost my Sirius about a week ago, 3 months to the day. I just got an email from them offering 6 months free ($6.42 per month) if I renew for a year. Just hold out, and they'll give a good deal.

·
Registered
348 Posts
The dealer is supposed to contact Sirius via the interweb when they sell a Kia. If the finance department doesn't do it then Sirius assumes that the car is still sitting on the lot, or is a demo, or whatever. The fact OP's died the day after a service call is likely coincidence as the point of the tech not caring is quite right.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
I just got a notice in the mail for Sirius offering me 6 months for the price of 2 ($30) plus offering to waive the $20 activation fee. The offer apparently expires on Sept 10, 2010.

I have had my Forte since the end of October 2009, and my Sirius is still working. I guess we'll see if it shuts down after the 10th but by the way i read this offer, they don't know I still have it, although I rarely listen to it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
i bought mine right before my 3 months was up and it cost me like 140 for a year but they took it out like in 2 payments so not even all at once i got addicted to it. works well for road trips even my friends love it

·
Registered
973 Posts
mine ran out a couple weeks ago, havent gotten any calls yet, nor anything in the mail..
It was great while it lasted, hope to have it again asap though because fm sucks in comparison lol

·
Registered
119 Posts
Best bet when it eventually does get turned off is to wait a couple months. If it's something your interested in they will start sending you letters for 6 months free out of the year subscription which brings it down to about 6.50 a month.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts