Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the process I used to remove the front badge on my 2.4 SX Sedan...

FYI - I am about 6ft. tall and have average sized hands. Using this process, I was able to get both hands behind the grill to perform this work. If you have smaller hands, this will be even easier. If you have larger hands, you may be cramped for space.
I wanted to keep the badge in case I wanted to re-install it at some point. If you do not have this concern, you may choose to just break/cut the clips on the back.

An operational note - When working in the engine compartment, the fuse box cover can be useful to hold fasteners and small tools.

1. Remove the 4 fasteners on the top of the grill.

2. Pull the grill forward and set something under it to allow room for your hands to work.

3. A picture to show the back of the badge with the 4 clips.

4. Use a pointed tool/object to pry the clip away from the plastic where it grabs.

5. Badge removed. Thoroughly clean the area before applying a new badge.

6. Put the 4 fasteners back in the top of the grill. If you used the fuse box top, replace it.

Hope this helps anyone looking to remove the front badge!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Nice write-up. I used the same method, minus the baseballs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
much needed DIY....good job! MAD PROPS

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I want to do the badge removal, but I don't have the BALLS to do it!:D

Reactions: turbo614

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Haha nice one! Now does this same method apply for the koup? I know u specified sedan but I ordered new badges and am going to be doing this soon so if it's the same then I will use this write up. Thanks for the info tho! Love your balls too :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Cool will do this mod pretty soon, thankx to your write up, well minus the base balls (don't have some lol)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Haha nice one! Now does this same method apply for the koup? I know u specified sedan but I ordered new badges and am going to be doing this soon so if it's the same then I will use this write up. Thanks for the info tho! Love your balls too :)
Sweet mod, i'd like to know this too.

Bill

·
Registered
4 Posts
NooB question

Just got my SX Koup, thought about removing badge right away, but what are you replacing the Kia badge with? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i ended up removing the whole grille on my koup to remove the badge, when i took off the top screws/rivets and bent the grille forward i was a lil afraid of snapping the bottom clips so just removed the 4 extra screws at the bottom. probably not the easiest way but it worked for me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Is there any other place besides E-bay right now to order the badges? Ebay has 1 set of White K badges right now but I want the black ones for my white EX. I'd like to get them soon. There's an assload of steering wheel emblems though.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts