Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Kia Forte Koup SX 2.4L
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into a very minor front end accident about 5 years ago. Never went through insurance (which I now regret) as I didn’t think the damage was that bad. Over the years though it has gotten a little worse. The black piece that the license plate goes over has fallen off, the passenger side fog light is not connected properly, and the the passenger side of the bumper is loose and won’t snap back together. I’m ok with the minor dents in the actual bumper. Is it possible to fix these problems by buying the individual parts that need to be replaced or should I just replace the whole bumper? I’d prefer to just fix it up if possible as I think it would be a lot cheaper. I don’t care if it’s not perfect but that styrofoam is ugly lol.
Car Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle Motor vehicle
Automotive parking light Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Wood Motor vehicle Road surface
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,178 Posts
Any chance you could find a 10-13 Koup in a salvage yard to save money?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Junk/salvage yard, ebay/Amazon.

The RH (passenger) foglight housing is broken. No way of knowing if the clips/screws are completely broken off. The bottom grill can be fixed/repaired if you spend the money & materials required to fix the front bumper cover, DIY.

Fiberglass/flex bondo & mesh (fiberglas/plastic). No body metal/hard bondo. Plastics flex more than metal. Primer, basecoat, clearcoat

Or save money to buy a brand new bumper cover & repair your damaged one as a back up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts