Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone im in a bit of a bind , i dont know what to do .. a couple weeks ago a city truck backed into my car in the front ..

the damage : scuffed up left side of bumper right under headlight , headlight scratched, and i recently noticed that the fender and hood lines are little more gaped open than normal

the problem : i got estimate for damage and its going to be 800$ , city cut me a check for 800$ , and was gonna go through with it , but was thinking its 800 $ lol !

what should i do !?

PS: i wanted to get koup bumper so thats another reason why i dont want to get this body work done, use the money for the new bumper you know ?

(ill have pictures up as soon as i can)

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Get the bumper cost,me 180$ the foglights covers are 20$ for the left and right now the lower grill is 200$ I opt out from buying a 200$ piece of plastic that cost more then the bumper cover.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
where did you purchase this stuff at

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Dealer parts dept. oh you will need a koups vin num. They have 4 diffrent types of bumpers with diffrent part numbers I believe they are all the same. To be safe find a koup manufactured around your sedan manufactures date and grab the vin.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh okay thanx for letting me know , , btw did you install yourself or have dealer do it ?

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Search automotivepineapple on eBay, they have the upper and lower grille for 60-70 dollars each.

·
Registered
84 Posts
PS: i wanted to get koup bumper so thats another reason why i dont want to get this body work done, use the money for the new bumper you know ?

(ill have pictures up as soon as i can)

+1 With Crock's idea.

Also, how bad is the scratch on the headlight. I wanted to swap my Koup Lenses with a Sedan set...

Hell, I'll even give you my VIN# so you can order the rest of the parts. Maybe we can work something out. LoL

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
+1 With Crock's idea.

Also, how bad is the scratch on the headlight. I wanted to swap my Koup Lenses with a Sedan set...

Hell, I'll even give you my VIN# so you can order the rest of the parts. Maybe we can work something out. LoL
Lol sounds good , ill send you a pic of my lenses as soon as I get home from school

·
Premium Member
982 Posts
I believe you need KOUP fenders for it to work completely....

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
An easy way to look for the Koup bumper, or any other part you need is to go to google, type in what you're looking for, then on the left hand column click shopping.

I just tried it and I got several results for Koup bumpers, most of them are painted though.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I did the Google search and nothing came up for koup front bumper, just bilet grills .

Anyone have a link of a front bumper ,

And also crock89 if you have a picture of koup front bumper with sedan fenders send me pic so I can see how off it looks , thanx

1 - 14 of 14 Posts