Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Basically this comes down to the fact that I am not a huge fan of front license plates, now I know some states you need one for front and back but in PA you don't. I removed the mount and the license plate frame from the front of my car, but it looks like they drilled the holes from the inside of the bumper out, leaving some excess plastic protruding outwards from the bumper. It's just annoying with the holes there, so I just used the black screws that held the mount on and put them in the holes. It looks kind of neat, but I was wondering if anybody has done anything different by chance? Did you just leave the license plate on? Or just the mount? Just curious.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Here's an alternative...go to your local hardware store (e.g. home depot). In the hardware section they may have gloss black screw caps/covers which are typically used to cover countersink screws in furniture. These caps/covers have a slight dome profile.
Remove your license plate bracket. With a very sharp exacto knife, trim around the holes until the surface is flat.
You can then epoxy the black covers over the holes. I think that's a flush as you'll get without replacing the lower center grille on the bumper.
BUT before you start, make sure the diameter of the covers will cover your existing holes in the bumper. I can't recall how many different diameter covers are available.

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey,

I had this same exact problem. Went back to the dealer and they are ordering a new insert for the bumper because the bumper comes with 2 holes they are the pilot holes. I would raise hell and get a new one

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Another Idea

Use the holes to mount some LED's :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts