Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at getting a front strut bar for my 2010 koup sx. I've seen the Ultra Racing one, AEM, and ARK Performance once but I was wondering is there really any big difference between them? Would one be better then another or could I just base my decision on whatever one I like the most visually?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,134 Posts
This is one of those subjects that can get people arguing...

The strut bar is attached with the bolts that hold the suspension coil-over-shock in place. The coil towers, which the suspension coil-over-shock is attached to, is assembled against the firewall - they are stiff.

If the strut bar really provided suspension stiffness it would snap those coil-over-shock bolts right off the first time any real suspension force hit them.

Forte Strut bars are eye-candy - choose the one you want to look at when you open your hood.

There...I've inserted my two cents.

Let the fun begin!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is one of those subjects that can get people arguing...

The strut bar is attached with the bolts that hold the suspension coil-over-shock in place. The coil towers, which the suspension coil-over-shock is attached to, is assembled against the firewall - they are stiff.

If the strut bar really provided suspension stiffness it would snap those coil-over-shock bolts right off the first time any real suspension force hit them.

Forte Strut bars are eye-candy - choose the one you want to look at when you open your hood.

There...I've inserted my two cents.

Let the fun begin!
Noted! I think I might have to go with the ARK one then

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
4,134 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I heard about that one before, but I was looking at getting the megan racing one, it seems to add a deeper rumble without being too loud.
Not a bad price!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
I heard about that one before, but I was looking at getting the megan racing one, it seems to add a deeper rumble without being too loud.
The solo performance exhaust was only loud when you accelerated hard, otherwise it had a nice deep exhaust note during normal operation.

I never understood why it wasn't always loud considering the muffler and resonator were straight through!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The solo performance exhaust was only loud when you accelerated hard, otherwise it had a nice deep exhaust note during normal operation.

I never understood why it wasn't always loud considering the muffler and resonator were straight through!
Yea it's too bad you can't find it anymore but I have a good feeling about the megan one.

·
Administrator
582 Posts
I noticed a difference when I installed my Ultra Racing tower strut bar. Then I added the sub frame brace + rear sway bar and trunk brace...... WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Handles like a gokart.

But yeah I don't think the brand matters too much. I prefer the solid ones as opposed to the 3 piece kits, just because.

If I had to do it all again and UR wasn't available, I'd go with the, I think it's called "Luxon" (?) one. It looks badass.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed a difference when I installed my Ultra Racing tower strut bar. Then I added the sub frame brace + rear sway bar and trunk brace...... WHAT A DIFFERENCE. Handles like a gokart.

But yeah I don't think the brand matters too much. I prefer the solid ones as opposed to the 3 piece kits, just because.

If I had to do it all again and UR wasn't available, I'd go with the, I think it's called "Luxon" (?) one. It looks badass.
I know im late on this conversation but on which website did u find the sub frame brace and everything else? I did some searching g around before and I found a website that sold them but I forgot to save the web page and no longer can find it. Can u plz help if u guys can?

·
Registered
2021 Kia Forte GT-Line
235 Posts
I know im late on this conversation but on which website did u find the sub frame brace and everything else? I did some searching g around before and I found a website that sold them but I forgot to save the web page and no longer can find it. Can u plz help if u guys can?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts