Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody haven't really been on here been to busy looking at cars and trying to find the right koup. I just wanted to ask your opinions on some things. So far my gf narrowed it down to two cars the koup and mazda 3 hatch, now the hatch has everything and i'm not a big fan of the rear end. we still have not find a koup that she likes but what i wanted to know is it worth to get the 2011 with leather,nav,push button start.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've got the leather w/heated seats and you really have to maintain them b/c the leather isn't exactly the highest quality but I love the look. If you're willing to clean and condition them once a week I'd say they're worth it. Also get the 2.4L IMO.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Get a loaded Koup SX if you plan on keeping it for a while and enjoy luxuries, tech and performance. There's nothing worse than buying a car you like but end up having major regrets obout not getting certain options/features.

If your girl likes the idea of a wagon/hatch; but you can't get over the Mazda's styling- check out the Forte 5 door.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Get it loaded for sure....I had a 2010 Forte, then it got totaled and I ended up getting a 2011 forte fully loaded....the push start and Nav package is amazing....I still find it weird when I drive my parents car and have to put and turn a Key to turn the car on ha! Long story short with my 2010 I was always wishing I had the top notch one and now I do.... I dont have the 2.4L I have the 2.0 and honestly it packs a punch for being a smaller engine.

·
Premium Member
905 Posts
You can only get the tech package with leather and sunroof so it quickly becomes a very expensive option.

Do you have a phone with GPS? If yes, then I would say save the $1800 on the tech package; besides those chrome door handles just don't look right on the Koup.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I've got to question that one shattered stars. According to the Kia site and nearly everything else in order to get the sunroof in 2010 SX you also had to get the leather. Mine came with sunroof and no leather. Honestly I wanted the SX without either, and was confused when they had it that way sitting on the lot. Ended up glad they did, have enjoyed the sun roof, and don't have to put up with leather (not to say I won't change my mind and get katzkin later on). While the site or your dealer may not let you order it without leather and sun roof doesn't mean that it can't be had that way.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I've got the leather w/heated seats and you really have to maintain them b/c the leather isn't exactly the highest quality but I love the look. If you're willing to clean and condition them once a week I'd say they're worth it. Also get the 2.4L IMO.
What do you use to condition your leather??? Not sure which product to use, so if what you use works, lemme know :)

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
303 Aerospace protectant is damn good.

Smells decent(no weird chemical smell or the smell of poop like Armor All Leather protectant.

It cleans and protects. You can feel it when you get in to your car and you hear your butt squeak against the clean leather.

What I do after I vacuum the car is I wipe the leather down first in warm water to clean off any dust and crap. Then apply and wipe down.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
303 Aerospace protectant is damn good.

Smells decent(no weird chemical smell or the smell of poop like Armor All Leather protectant.

It cleans and protects. You can feel it when you get in to your car and you hear your butt squeak against the clean leather.

What I do after I vacuum the car is I wipe the leather down first in warm water to clean off any dust and crap. Then apply and wipe down.
Thanks. I can get this at VIP, Crappa, Pep Boys, ect.???

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Funny you mention that, I use the Armor-All leather wipes right now, lol! Howabout leather feed???

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Funny you mention that, I use the Armor-All leather wipes right now, lol! Howabout leather feed???
I don't really know if it's available in brick and mortar stores.

I use eshine.ca because we canucks get shafted on detailing supplies most of the time and this place is one of the few places that have near US pricing.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I don't really know if it's available in brick and mortar stores.

I use eshine.ca because we canucks get shafted on detailing supplies most of the time and this place is one of the few places that have near US pricing.
Ouch, that's gotta be harsh. Sorry to hear that!

·
Registered
259 Posts
2010 sx came with a sunroof, says its an option, but its not, its standard on the sx in '10.
I was just gonna say, i don't think i've ever seen an SX without a sunroof.
News to me! Glad I settled for the SX with then, otherwise I'd be in an EX. First time I've ever heard of not being able to get a car without a sunroof.

I remember on the Kia site I was optioning out my car to get an idea in my head before I went to the lot. I recall there being an option for the package that added leather which required you to add the sunroof as well, with out leather package you didn't have to select the sunroof. Yes that was on the SX, decided from the start I wanted the 2.4 rather than the 2.0.

·
Registered
59 Posts
@trevorusn... i use lexol cleaner and conditioner, it has a high glycerin content but anything besides armor-all will do fine. Meguires(sp?) gives it too much grease residue even when you wipe it off IMO.

·
Registered
227 Posts
not all SX have the sunroof...and if you get leather you have to have sunroof
and if you want tech pkg, you have to have both leather AND sunroof

i was in the market about a month ago deciding on what options i want

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks guys i appreciate your insight and then the tread turned into a leather cleaner thread haha, Still looking i have no idea what she is going to do and it's pissing me off hah. I think she wants to wait and see what the veloster brings to the table, but after looking at koup so much and doing TONS of research i'am thinking of getting one later on.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts