Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Vendor
885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Kia Forte Fog Light LED Bulbs

We carry LED bulbs for replacement of your fog lights or DRLs, in all major sizes. They are available in HP, XP, and XML styles. This will make your fog lights a nice bright white, without the hassle of HIDs! Just simple plug and play, replace the bulb and you are good to go!

We carry the brightest, highest-quality bulbs at the lowest prices. Your order will ship same day, and we're here if you need us for support and service. And we do not raise the prices to astronomical levels- We're breaking that market trend, and offering you great, low prices, every day. These LED bulbs are designed by us here in St. Louis, and every bulb carries with it a three-year limited warranty.

We offer several bulb model options in brightness:
  • Stage 1: Lower than factory brightness.
  • Stage 2: Near factory brightness.
  • Stage 3: Brightest Option! Considerably brighter than OEM and stage 2 (not available for all vehicles).
Please note that LED fog lights are for cosmetic purposes only, and will not project light in the same way that the factory bulbs do. Your car will look great at night, but if you are looking for higher output, we strongly recommend using an HID conversion.

These bulbs are made up of a quality plastic connector to slide right into the plug, as well as high durability terminals. A load resistor is embedded to prevent blowing the LEDs from voltage surge, and a diode is implanted to protect the LEDs from reverse polarity. The LED is wired for 12V operation, the kind found on all vehicles.

Included in your order is TWO BULBS (to fit your Forte).

All of our products come with a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 3-year limited warranty.

2010-2013 Forte LED Fog Lights

2010-2013 Forte Koup LED Fog Lights

2010-2013 Forte 5-door LED Fog Lights

2010-2013 Forte LED Fog Lights

2010-2013 Forte Koup LED Fog Lights

2010-2013 Forte 5-door LED Fog Lights

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post, PM, email [email protected].

(314) 205-3033

*PM us for the free-shipping code* (U.S. forum members only)

Send us pictures with Diode Dynamics products installed to earn Diode Points for a discount off your next order!

Thanks for looking!

Nick C.
Diode Dynamics

Customer Reviews:

"They are very bright, the look amazing and was a great great buy." (Posted on July 26, 2013)

"Product came just as descried. I ordered the 6000k stage 1. The brightness was accurate (slightly less than OEM) but still worth $30 since fog lights for me are more for aesthetic purposes. Very happy with order and will be using DD more often!" (Posted on February 5, 2013)

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Can you post pics of the light output? And how they look night/day?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
734 Posts
As soon as I get mine installed you guys start offering some :(. I can post how mine look.. They match the switchbacks. They don't throw light any farther then ten feet but the are bright when you look at them.

·
Registered
734 Posts
You can order either, just personal preference.

·
Registered
734 Posts
They list them for the forte also.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Okay, so I went with the yellow LED lights. Not quite what I was expecting. Same amber as the turn signals. Anyway, upon install, I had to do some modification. Without using too many big technical words that I will mess up, the polarity was reversed. So this means you have to reverse the wires around... OR, you can do what I did! Take out your handy, dandy, ultra-sharp X-Acto knife (if you don't have one... what's wrong with you?) and modify the connector ever-so-slightly! Forgive the cell-phone quality of the photos. Takes only a few seconds to do, and is much simpler, shaving off some plastic, as opposed to rewiring things. Now, just flip the connector over, and bingo, LED should light right up!

1st picture, unmodified connect. 2nd and 3rd are after trimming some plastic. 4th picture is my car, with 8000k HID's, switchbacks and yellow (amber) LED fogs.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I just ordered a set of 881 white LED's for my fogs. Aluus stated that he had to modify his fogs to get them to work. Is this common? I'd rather not have to mess with something that should work in the first place.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I didn't have to do anything with my LED Fogs.. I didn't order from Diode though, I just ordered from Ebay.

·
Registered
496 Posts
If i remember right, it's a polarity thing unique to LEDs. In most cases, you'd simply remove the bulb, rotate it 180 degrees, and stick it back in. The 881 connector is different. Normally, you'd just switch the wires around. My solution was what i came up with at 2am when i couldn't figure out how to do that.

Found a guide later on some tiburon forum

Depinning the 881 bulb connector

This is the 881 connector

Using a 1mm jewelers screwdriver, push the locking tab back, then the pin will slide out. Switch them around, and put them back in.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Im having the polarity problem thanks to the tiburon deppining I think ill be just fine

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Question! Your website list the lumen's for the LED Fog light bulbs. I'm wondering what the lumen rating is for the HID Fog light kit. Also, what is the lumen of the factory fog light bulbs?

Thanks.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Question! Your website list the lumen's for the LED Fog light bulbs. I'm wondering what the lumen rating is for the HID Fog light kit. Also, what is the lumen of the factory fog light bulbs?

Thanks.
Just so you know, LED fog lights won't necessarily have good light output. They're meant more for the look rather than output. If you want the output, go for more powerful halogen or a full on HID kit.

·
Premium Member
944 Posts
Again, Question! Your website list the lumen's for the LED Fog light bulbs. I'm wondering what the lumen rating is for the HID Fog light kit. Also, what is the lumen of the factory fog light bulbs?

Thanks.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts