Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried any of the commercially available fuel additives to increase HP/MPG? I found one my friend is using with a 5-6 MPG increase. For the cost, this will save money (more as gas prices go up).

$5 per tank additive = 60 extra miles per tank (2 gallons of fuel saved)
$3.84 per gallone = $7.68
Savings of $2.68 per tank (2 tanks a week) = $278 a year.

I'm a believer of if it sounds to good to be true, it probably isn't, but for $5 it's worth throwing money at once.

I'll post my results when I get it and would like to know if anyone else has previous experience.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sounds interesting, but too many variables go into increased mpg's and I'm not one to spend time calculating numbers. Glad someone else is lol. What's in the fuel additive?

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Seriously....?

You should know by now it's snake oil.

·
Registered
265 Posts
not sure about MPG... but if you want an HP boost once in a great while... the only thing I've ever tried (although it was with the cobalt) that worked with actual noticeable different HP power and letting me slip a bit farther into redline without the car feeling like "please no more, change gear"... Cam 2 pump gas, it's 100 octane... it's also $7.49 or higher a gallon... it's unleaded so it's not gonna kill your fuel filter or anything like those leaded race gases they sell at the track. stock time for 'balt was 13.9-14.1.. with Cam 2 I was down to 13.6.. Not saying it's a definite on our cars, but it's probably your best bet for real performance from fuel. Don't think it will work if you buy one gallon of Cam 2 and then fill your tank with regular... I bought 5 gallons with about 2 or less gallons of 93 octane... First time I bought it I tore up the NJ Turnpike like crazy lol...

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seriously....?

You should know by now it's snake oil.
I have an actual test result to go on, from someone who has used it and now puts it in every tank. It's not available yet at your local stores or anything like ebay, it's only on a very limited distribution.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is what they are counting on.
The sample only being $5 (shipped) wouldn't make them any money. They do offer constant shipments (monthly) if you like the product.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds interesting, but too many variables go into increased mpg's and I'm not one to spend time calculating numbers. Glad someone else is lol. What's in the fuel additive?
I don't want to mention it's name, because I'm not advertising or selling this product. After I post my results, positive or negative, if anyone is interested in the name, I can field questions via PM.

·
Registered
46 Posts
not sure about MPG... but if you want an HP boost once in a great while... the only thing I've ever tried (although it was with the cobalt) that worked with actual noticeable different HP power and letting me slip a bit farther into redline without the car feeling like "please no more, change gear"... Cam 2 pump gas, it's 100 octane... it's also $7.49 or higher a gallon... it's unleaded so it's not gonna kill your fuel filter or anything like those leaded race gases they sell at the track. stock time for 'balt was 13.9-14.1.. with Cam 2 I was down to 13.6.. Not saying it's a definite on our cars, but it's probably your best bet for real performance from fuel. Don't think it will work if you buy one gallon of Cam 2 and then fill your tank with regular... I bought 5 gallons with about 2 or less gallons of 93 octane... First time I bought it I tore up the NJ Turnpike like crazy lol...
On a boosted car higher octane is going to help usually make the car faster. Sometimes there is a higher BTU in the fuel. But most the time with the high octane the computer wont pull timing due to knock sensors so you get more power.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As it really does nothing, Id suspect it cost them around $1 to make and $2 to ship.
Just called them, and got the sample down to free. Can't go wrong now.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So why is this product so top secret??? Sounds like your a salesman, or going to be a salesman in the near future of the snakeoil.
If it works, I'll give it a thumbs up and the name.
If it doesn't, I don't see any reason to give it any free advertisement.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If it works, I'll give it a thumbs up and the name.
If it doesn't, I don't see any reason to give it any free advertisement.

You just said you have proof it works. "I have an actual test result to go on, from someone who has used it and now puts it in every tank. It's not available yet at your local stores or anything like ebay, it's only on a very limited distribution. "

Why even bring up the post at all then? Sounds fishy to me and probably others as well...

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,852 Posts
Seriously, put a half pint of something in your tank and expecting it to increase MPG that much? A speed shop owner once threw me a bottle of SoCal fuel additive to try for free. After I used twice the recommended amount and still got no benefit he stopped selling it.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just because it works in one vehicle, does not mean it will work as well in all vehicles. I suspect it has alot of detergents in it that may help older cars that have not being using top tier fuel.

The reason for not mentioning the name was to avoid the type of discussion we are getting into now. I am not affiliated with this company in any way other than have a friend that has used it.

I guess "commercially" available was a bad term. I just meant you can't buy it at your local NAPA type store.

The product is called xFT. It will either work for me or it won't. On someone's suggestion that they did make money on my $5, I called and asked them for a free sample to try and if that does not work, I return my unused portion for a full refund, per the guarantee they claim to offer.

About & How Xtreme Fuel Treatment (XFT) saves you on Gas! | BetterNetworker.com
I don't know who wrote this review. I'm only posting it "AS IS" information. I know any claim is as worthless as the paper it is written on. Which is why I plan on testing it myself.

Even with my results, again take them or leave them. I will not be on here trying to sell the product.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seriously, put a half pint of something in your tank and expecting it to increase MPG that much? A speed shop owner once threw me a bottle of SoCal fuel additive to try for free. After I used twice the recommended amount and still got no benefit he stopped selling it.
I'm of the same mind. You at least thought it was worth trying even twice. I'm not sure where everyone is getting that I'm trying to sell anything here.

But what would you have done if it had worked? Would you have told anyone about it? Would they have believed you? I guess in hindsight I should have just left this be until after I had some kind of my result myself. I was just interested to see if others had used them. All I get is "you are only posting this because you want us all to buy some" type of responses.

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,852 Posts
The article you linked was written by someone who is associated with the product...after reading it I think less of the product she wrote about! Our engines control fuel burn already...a half-pint of additive isn't going to "slow" the fuel burn like the article says...C'mon how much time is there inside a cylinder at 2000 RPM? If it really does "slow" the fuel burn...how do you know it isn't going to leave deposits? Maybe in reality you get more power because the additive deposits in the cylinder increase and cause the cylinder compression to increase...LoL!

·
Registered
593 Posts
. On someone's suggestion that they did make money on my $5, I called and asked them for a free sample to try and if that does not work, I return my unused portion for a full refund, per the guarantee they claim to offer.
You return the free sample and they refund your money?

If it's the $5 product, how much does it cost to mail back to them?

Utah is known for two things... the first is obvious... the second is some of the highest rates of MLM. Syntek is nothing more then another MLM product... such as Amway sells.

Let me say that again.... Syntek is nothing more then a Multi Level Marketing product. I'm not trying to be harsh... just stating the fact.

BTW - this company is about 1/4 mile away from my house.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts