Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The fuel consumption on the odometer shows about 13-14 MPG (in the city), is it normally, I think no, it should be about 25-28 MPG, isn't it?
How many MPG shows on yours odometer?

·
Registered
841 Posts
First of all, when was it reset last? You should reset it after every fill up. It's an average of all the driving you've since it was last reset. Its not super accurate. Mine varies from +1.8 mph high to -1.7 mpg low per tank but overall is about +0.2 mpg high.

As for 13-14 mpg, if that's all city driving with a lot of idling, that doesn't sound all that off. 25-28 mpg? Only if you did all highway driving.

·
Registered
98 Posts
You can also remove the negative battery terminal for 10 seconds to reset your overall fuel range. As Nova has said before, it really depends all on your right foot and traffic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The fuel consumption on the odometer shows about 13-14 MPG (in the city), is it normally, I think no, it should be about 25-28 MPG, isn't it?
How many MPG shows on yours odometer?
I have about 10.5 km/litre in city, and about 14-15 km/ litre outside . I use 92 octane gas . I don't know how to convert these numbers to mpg . My car has 1.6 lt engine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have about 10.5 km/litre in city, and about 14-15 km/ litre outside . I use 92 octane gas . I don't know how to convert these numbers to mpg . My car has 1.6 lt engine.
14 MPG (MIle Per Gallon) = 6 km/1 litre. I use 92 or 95octane gas. Forte 2011 year, 2.0 L

·
Registered
138 Posts
My 2010 Forte EX, automatic transmission, doesn't have the mpg display, but I track my mileage. I average 33 - 35 mpg driving to and from work, mostly highway miles. (70 miles each way)

·
Registered
11 Posts
2020 kia forte here. I've only put 2.2k miles on the car. I'm currently sitting at 39.2 miles per gallon overall and i'm averaging 42 to 44 mpg hwy and like 30 city. I live in an area where i'm on interstates and hwy's going to work (22 miles one way to work in the morning).

·
Registered
27 Posts
2020 kia forte here. I've only put 2.2k miles on the car. I'm currently sitting at 39.2 miles per gallon overall and i'm averaging 42 to 44 mpg hwy and like 30 city. I live in an area where i'm on interstates and hwy's going to work (22 miles one way to work in the morning).
That's great mileage Destonomos! Which version of the Forte do you have?

When you're out on the highway are you able to jump into S mode, push the shifter 2 taps forward to get into 8th "gear?" As I understand it, your RPM's drop about 700-800 and mileage increases (due to the engine not working as hard).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have the GT-Line. I know in sport mode you def do not get decent mileage even on the hwy. It idles at 2100 rpm's and is around 1k rpms higher than normal mode. I've notice mpg is about the same in smart mode as well. Its the acceleration where all the mileage is lost in this vehicle. I've gotten it to 47 mpg on the highway but it requires you to know the road and to coast up hills and ride down them

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

When you're out on the highway are you able to jump into S mode, push the shifter 2 taps forward to get into 8th "gear?" As I understand it, your RPM's drop about 700-800 and mileage increases (due to the engine not working as hard).
I have a 2011 year Forte EX ECO. It haven't S mode. As I understand, my car have a automatic 4-speed gearbox (how can I find out about this for sure?)

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a 2011 year Forte EX ECO. It haven't S mode. As I understand, my car have a automatic 4-speed gearbox (how can I find out about this for sure?)
Being able to go into S mode & up to the virtual 8th "gear" would be in the 147hp CVT (IVT) transmission. I think it wasn't available on the Forte until 2019 model year?

You can check out the specs on your Forte using any of the free VIN number check websites. I like this one.

Your VIN number is on the drivers door frame or in the windshield on the drivers side.

Free VIN Check

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Being able to go into S mode & up to the virtual 8th "gear" would be in the 147hp CVT (IVT) transmission. I think it wasn't available on the Forte until 2016?

You can check out the specs on your Forte using any of the free VIN number check websites. I like this one.

Your VIN number is on the drivers door frame or in the windshield on the drivers side.

Free VIN Check
Thank you very much!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are those #'s the actual mileage figured at the pump, or the MPG readout? I have a 2019, 6 speed manual, don't drive it much, also about 2300 miles since February. Readout is generally 10 - 15% HIGH compared to actual mileage.

·
Registered
39 Posts
'12 Koup with 2.4L, 20 Mpg all city, 27mpg mixed, and between 32 and 38 all highway depending on how many people are in the car and if I am driving into the wind or with it.

·
Registered
41 Posts

I'll have to check out this advice. I assumed the IVT had the car in the optimum "gear" (CVT pulley/belt ratio) when cruising on the highway, just as with many traditional automatics having an overdrive gear and torque converter lockup mode for efficiency.

At only about 1800 miles on the clock for our 2019 Forte EX (2.0 NA/IVT) so far, I've seen our average MPG climb from about 36 in the first three weeks of ownership to this last week averaging 41 MPG, reaching 43 MPG average occasionally.

My drive is very consistent M-F, with about 10 miles of city driving, then 90 highway daily (100 miles total, round trip). I drive the Forte rarely on the weekend, and if so is less than 10 miles.

This is the MPG as reported by the car's computer, not hand calculated. I may start doing some manual tracking in the coming weeks, but the frequency of fill ups seem to be aligning generally with these results so far.

My daughter has the new Rio sedan (2018 I think), and he has been reporting MPG numbers above the EPA estimates, so I was hopeful the Forte would return similar results.

I'll keep an eye on it as fuel economy was one of my prime requirement and financial justifications for buying a new car. But just about anything is better MPG than the 16-18 MPG highway numbers I was dealing with for years in my prior commuter vehicles, one of which required premium gas. These MPG numbers from the Forte almost pay for it :cool:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts