Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently purchased this car and I seem to have a problem with the fuel door. I have to push on it a couple of times before I pull the lever or it won't open. I'm worried that I'll get in a situation where I can't add fuel to it which would obviously be a problem. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
720 Posts
I have no idea what to tell you. I have the same car and it does the same thing. Not every time I try to put gas in it, but often enough to be aggravating. I had to tap the fuel filler door then pull the cable to get it to open. Pisses me off, but what to do?

·
Registered
229 Posts
It's a 2017, so it's still under warranty. Take it to a dealer. My fuel door has never had a problem, but the fuel cap itself no longer clicked when turned clockwise. They replaced it without question.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Forte LX
720 Posts
I'd rather put up with it than take it to a dealership. Those jerks always make you wait for quite a while and try to sell you stuff you don't want or need. I feel like punching someone in the face when they try that crap.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I have that same problem with my fuel door at times. Took it to dealership to looked at. As usual with a dealership, it worked fine with them. I just put my key in the open small space around fuel door and pull lever and it works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts