Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone experiencing issues filling up their Forte GT's or other '19 and up sedans? When the pump kicks off it splashes fuel out of the filler and down the quarter panel. If I try to fill it slowly it's even worse. Is this a thing?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
That's generally a problem with the EVAP system vent valve.

Have you always stopped pumping once the pump kicks off or, in the past, have you filled more fuel after it clicks off? Filling more after the pump stops can allow liquid fuel into the charcoal canister, damaging it and clogging the system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I generally don’t top off and the car only has 4000 miles on it it’s done it since new.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'd say there's an issue with the EVAP system. Possibly the canister was bad when installed. I'd take it back to the dealer. It shouldn't do that and it will be covered under the warranty.

·
Registered
2019 Forte FE
75 Posts
I have a 2019 FE, never had this problem. Agree about the EVAP possibility, but I wonder if you have this at different stations/pumps. Could be a pump/nozzle issue.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2019 Forte S and it does this too. No matter what gas station I go to or how I have the hose running into the tank it does it. And like OP says, if you catch it before and slowly add fuel in it happens even worse than when it shuts off automatically. It's annoying and a waste of gas I'm paying for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts