Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking into buying a Forte Koup. When the time is right turbo it.

I was wondering do we need to tune right away? The Tiburon can run up to 6 psi before needing a tune.

Can the Forte's 2.4L/2.0L?

What I am looking into is running a Big 16G turbo (.48 a/r). I know that SFR can reflash. What about Poweraxle Reflash since they do the Gen Coupe Theta Can they Reflash our ecu?

How much power can the 2.4/2.0 handle? 300-350whp?

Anyone running E85?

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think the Koup engine can run up to 8 - 10 PSI. I think after that you might have to do internal work. I think if you run about 6 PSI you'll get somewhere along the lines of 250ish WHP.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really is that all? jeez... Beta II can run 15psi without blowing rings. If you put 1.8L pistons, rods, and rings you can run like 25 psi.

Main thing I am wondering can you safely run F/I without tuning right off the back? 4-6psi...

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Really is that all? jeez... Beta II can run 15psi without blowing rings. If you put 1.8L pistons, rods, and rings you can run like 25 psi.

Main thing I am wondering can you safely run F/I without tuning right off the back? 4-6psi...
Our stock compression is too high that's why you can't go too far before you need to open the engine up.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
10.5:1 compared to 10:1.... I would think the forte should be able to handle at least 15psi w/ a nice E85 tune. Who knows. It doesn't seem like very many people have taken it to the extreme yet.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well you have to figure the most your gonna get out of a turbo on this car is 300HP anyway. Too much boost on a car will ruin your internals! I've heard of people going higher but since the turbo is still fairly new to our market we have to wait and see what the car is capable of handling and how long!

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
10.5:1 compared to 10:1.... I would think the forte should be able to handle at least 15psi w/ a nice E85 tune. Who knows. It doesn't seem like very many people have taken it to the extreme yet.
Ah but the betas have cast iron blocks to our aluminum blocks. Cast iron is heavier but man can it take boost.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah but the betas have cast iron blocks to our aluminum blocks. Cast iron is heavier but man can it take boost.

That makes much more sense. I didn't think about that because the V6 Tiburon is the same way only can handle 8-10 psi before it wants to go bye bye. Also, has 10.3:1 compression.

I would bet that we could run 12-15 psi on E85 for a year or a little longer. Running only like 6 on the street.

I guess the only way to see is to get one boost it and see what happens.

So what about Poweraxle has anyone contacted them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.