Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have filled up at different gas stations and ever time I let it fill all the way it always over flows a little bit. Not a ton but enough for it to spill over and drip down the side. Has anyone else had this problem. 202 kia forte ex

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Are you trying to fill it past the first click?
Are you making sure the nozzle is all the way in the fill neck?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I make sure it’s as far as it will go into it. Usually double check it. And only go to the first click. Once it clicks I don’t add more

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte LXS
3 Posts
I make sure it’s as far as it will go into it. Usually double check it. And only go to the first click. Once it clicks I don’t add more
Have you had the dealership look at this yet? I’m having the same issue with a 2020 LXS at ~13,000 miles. Read on a Reddit forum that it’s an issue others are having and the dealer needs to fix. I have a diagnosis appointment on mine for Monday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Have you had the dealership look at this yet? I’m having the same issue with a 2020 LXS at ~13,000 miles. Read on a Reddit forum that it’s an issue others are having and the dealer needs to fix. I have a diagnosis appointment on mine for Monday.
I’m having the same issue. I’m at 5,600 miles and it does it every time I fill up. I make sure the pump is in as far as it’ll go and it still spills over for a hot second before the pumps clicks off. Has anyone had any luck finding the trick to this?

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte LXS
3 Posts
I’m having the same issue. I’m at 5,600 miles and it does it every time I fill up. I make sure the pump is in as far as it’ll go and it still spills over for a hot second before the pumps clicks off. Has anyone had any luck finding the trick to this?
So I went to the dealership a few weeks ago and let them put gas in it, and they couldn’t recreate the issue. They said it was my fault for pumping wrong. So the last time I filled up, I recorded a video on my phone of it doing it. I showed that to a family friend mechanic who said it’s either a busted valve in the tank or an issue with the vent system. I have an appointment at my KIA dealer Tuesday. I’m showing them the video and refusing to take the car back until it’s fixed. This is a Kia issue and they need to fix it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I went to the dealership a few weeks ago and let them put gas in it, and they couldn’t recreate the issue. They said it was my fault for pumping wrong. So the last time I filled up, I recorded a video on my phone of it doing it. I showed that to a family friend mechanic who said it’s either a busted valve in the tank or an issue with the vent system. I have an appointment at my KIA dealer Tuesday. I’m showing them the video and refusing to take the car back until it’s fixed. This is a Kia issue and they need to fix it.
Any luck they gave some more info on this issue. I honestly hate filling up now because people look at me like I don’t know how to pump gas. 🙄🙄

·
Registered
2020 Kia Forte LXS
3 Posts
Any luck they gave some more info on this issue. I honestly hate filling up now because people look at me like I don’t know how to pump gas. 🙄🙄
I showed the service department the video I recorded and they took that as proof. I’m waiting on them to call me when they have a loaner available as they didn’t have any this week. They already opened a warranty ticket with Kia and a tech line with the Kia California plant where Fortes are made. The service advisor told me they’d have to test a few things before they could warranty it and start replacing parts. But they are going to fix it. So definitely record a video next time you pump gas and show it to you dealership at your next service appointment. Put pressure on them to fix it if they try to say it’s your fault for pumping wrong. The video will definitely help. These are new cars and they shouldn’t be having this issue. Kia needs to correct it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am having the same problem, it has happened at least 4 times at different stations over past 14 months. Either the automatic shut off didn't work or it did and gas spilled out or the pump came on again after clicking off, and I didn't re-squeeze the handle. I have a 2019 Forte FE with 15.5k miles. I have never overfilled a car before. The gas spills down the side of the car onto the tire/wheel and onto the ground and sometimes shoes. This is completely wrong and the car is at fault.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts