Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm aware I'm new and despite what ya'll might think I don't represent nor am I paid to promote fuelly!

I'm on a selfish mission.

I'm looking into a new car to replace a high miles civic. Forte Koup in on the radar but but I'm torn between EX & SX... fuel economy being a consideration point. Both trims seem very close and even surprise me with SX members posting better figures than EX drivers even with similar driving conditions.

So.... If anyone is interested/didn't know fuelly.com lets you post and track your fuel economy. You can then keep an ongoing record, compare to other cars, other owners, post fuel economy banners for your profiles, and receive feedback as to what you could be savings based on potential improvements.

And of course you'll help me on my personal mission to observe how people are doing at the pump. I think my purchase will come close to June. So if anyone is not on here is an open invite to join today!

Forte: Browse All Kia Fortes | Fuelly

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the link

Thanks for the link to fuelly.

Fuel stats on my car have been:

With a total of 8 fuel-ups so far:
- I've had an average of 368.6 mile per tank (best high as been 387)
- Average mpg of 28.8 (Best being 30.3)

My commute is 79 miles round trip with 90% highway with cruise control on - average speed of 65-70 (on a good day)

I have to rethink my driving style a bit, I've the SX Koup A/T

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. By no means am I making a demand to join. For me its simple math: I want to know how people do with each car trim and a detailed site like fuelly helps a good deal. One of the cool things you can learn is to interpret the graphs.

For example: Honda Fits. There seem to be two humps on the general graph for Fits. 31-32 mpg and 35-36 mpg. Looking at some the posters who make it clear they drive either M/T or A/T its clear the M/T Fits are getting better average fuel economy than A/T drivers.

Thats sort of what I'd like to know about the Forte. SX vs EX in this case as I hopefully will be only and wrinkly before driving an automatic :D

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
I think you would need to loose the other pic and links in order for it to work??

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I think you would need to loose the other pic and links in order for it to work??
Yep, you can only have one image in your sig.
There's a lot of restrictions here....

My average is usually around 26, but it goes up to 34 on my trips home.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Hmmm, pretty interesting! I think I might have to do this. Interesting to see people reporting economy in the 5 over 38mpgs. I wonder if they are setting their cruise at 50 or something.

Hoping with summer fuel blends returning MPGs will go back up. Winter blend is a killer.

Edit: So I signed up, cause I'm a follower :p But how do you find the info to make the signature image?

·
Registered
115 Posts
In my opinion, get the SX and you won't regret it. You get all the options plus the 6spd manual. I've gotten around 37 mpg all highway with just a K&N intake and I have an SX. I usually get around 26-28 city driving.

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
gas is over rated ;) SX all the way!!! its too much fun to care about mpg and its better then a big ass gas guzzling truck :D

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
So I signed up, cause I'm a follower :p But how do you find the info to make the signature image?
look at the bottom of your detail page down by the facebook/twitter icons for the
and click on it. Copy the BBC code (not HTML) and paste it into your sig.

·
Registered
672 Posts
look at the bottom of your detail page down by the facebook/twitter icons for the
and click on it. Copy the BBC code (not HTML) and paste it into your sig.
Cool. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts