Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm only getting about 26MPG mostly freeway driving and here in flat Florida at 70mph. I had one tank get about 32 and that was the max so far. Any suggestions to get better mileage? Have about 5k miles on my new EX. What reasonable speed will I get the best mileage or am I doing pretty well at 26?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Are you seeing the green eco light?
Watch your RPMs at 70 you should be maintaining about 2500.
It is not only highway speeds but also how fast you get up to the speeds.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Wow, highway speeds on flat ground... that doesn't seem right that you're only getting 26. I was getting that in my manual transmission EX in stop and go traffic in very hilly terrain.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have tried both quick accelerations and fast driving as well as steady accelerations and between 60-70 hwy and the worst is 28 mpg and the best 31...

I'd love a steady 38...

however 26.... I would say stop and go heavy acceleration with ac full blast.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I know when I drive above 70 drops down alot. But if I'm consistent with my speed throughout my tank and don't go throttle heavy I get close to 450 miles to the tank. But then again most of time I am driving faster so it's about 350 to tank

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah I drive try with my eco light on all the time. Try not to be too hard on the accelerator and just wondering what's up. Maybe I'll have kia look at it when I get my first oil change. Maybe it has something to do with the shifting. A/C not on. Weather is perfect here in FL, just fresh air coming thru LOL. Whatever I'm getting its better than the 15MPG i was getting with my 2003 Mustang GT LOL That's why I got the car because I'm driving so much and now can go 1 week on a tank but feels I should be able to go a little but longer. The stang was getting 2-3 fill ups a week and with premium to not knock!!! LOL

·
Registered
196 Posts
For normal driving I average 32 mpg. When I do a longer highway drive I get 34-36 mpg. I would say my normal driving is 55-60% highway. I have some mountains here so not flat like Florida.

·
Registered
769 Posts
on my 2.4 with the TK CAI, I get 27-28 on average (60% highway and 40% city roads. MPG is VERY jumpy with an intake) and I get down to 25mpg on hard accel.

I got up to 32 on a road trip to Ft. Worth but that was with my stock intake

Hope I helped

1 - 11 of 11 Posts