Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased my 2.0l EX with 4spd auto. Just wondering if anyone else finds that the pedal should have a bit more resistance to it. The weight of my foot, which is not abnormally heavy, will depress the pedal more than I feel it should. Is there a tensioning adjustment?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Thats the way they all feel you do get use to it but they are too light compaired to Euro cars. I did try cutting a Squash ball in half and placing under accelerator arm, it felt better but kept falling out

·
Registered
348 Posts
There is no adjustment for the spring as factory ships them, and with all the troubles lately with other manufacturers and their pedals I would caution you to go about any modifications with care.

One this to remember is you are just pushing on a button, and nothing more. There is no physical connection between the pedal and the throttle, so there is very little to give it any 'feel'.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I remember my old Monte Carlo I had to add additional springs on the carb throttle but these new guys are wire controlled so different setup. I haven't really tried to adjust it since I am normally just flooring it. My previous 07 Wave had a very light pedal too so I got used to this one fast. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback, I guess I will just learn to live with it and adjust. I didn't realize there was no physical connection between the pedal and throttle, wow, fly by wire! Thanks again.

·
Registered
973 Posts
There is no adjustment for the spring as factory ships them, and with all the troubles lately with other manufacturers and their pedals I would caution you to go about any modifications with care.

One this to remember is you are just pushing on a button, and nothing more. There is no physical connection between the pedal and the throttle, so there is very little to give it any 'feel'.
so true, so many people forget it's drive by wire and expect more feel to it

·
Registered
30 Posts
there's a slight hesitation with drive by wire. this is the 3rd vehicle that i've owned that's had it. i miss the old throttle cables...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts