Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my Forte SX last week and have driven about 600 miles. The car is very nice, excellent 6 speed shifter, quiet on the highway, comfortable ride, great handling, and I think it looks good. I was concerned about how much I would like the car, since I came from a BMW 528i, which is an excellent car.

A couple of minor things. The Bluetooth kept having a "pairing failed" message with my Blackberry Curve that would not quit. Found some other people with the problem on the Forte sedan forum and solved the problem (I think). The other issue I have is the gas pedal is simply too light. Just letting my foot relax presses the pedal down. I'm going to investigate a fix for this over the weekend. If I determine a good upgrade, I'll let everyone know.

·
Registered
19 Posts
In my experience BMWs have very heavy gas pedals (and other things). BMW steering is also stiffer/heavier, same with the brake pedal.

Compared to honda civic, the forte is actually a little heavier with the pedals and especially the steering.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You are right about the BMW, everything was heavier. I find the gas pedal so light on the Kia that it's uncomfortable. I have to hold my foot back to keep it from pressing the pedal down too far. I'm waiting to see if I get used to it, but not so far. Never encountered anything like this before and I've owned a lot of cars. I'm sure I'll come up with a fix.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I too felt the exact same way you do, I've also driven a lot of cars..
owned lots of cars.. anyway the gas pedel felt light *and clutch* you do get used to it after some time with the car.. I'll take a little bit of time thou.

Ohh in congrats on your new forte :)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I still find the pedal too light after 4400 miles and 2 months. I can't see an easy way to attach another spring. I may experiment again sometime this weekend.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Check the DIY forum. I'm pretty sure there is a discussion in there how to adjust the pedal.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've tried a couple of springs, but nothing that works well. The way the pedal is set up makes it tough to modify.

·
Registered
638 Posts
I came to the 5 from a 95' Avenger so I have no issues with the pedal xD it's actually heavier than my old pedal :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.