Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question for everyone who has the kia forte SX or EX. How much does it cost to fill your tank? I'm really interested in getting this car very soon and am just wondering with gas prices being so crazy how much it cost. My old car (05 Lancer) to $20 dollars to fill it up that was back in like december/january though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS. I forgot to add, I live in Jersey and gas prices are about $3.66 (give and take) now. State where you live and if you can how much gas prices are now.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Asking how much it costs to fill your tank doesn't help you in your quest.

For instance someone could say it takes $20 to fill their tank but does it 4 times a week compared to someone who takes $50 to fill their tank once a week.

What you're after is how much gas you're consuming for a given range. The standard measure is in MPG or miles per gallon using the US gallon.

This information is posted in various threads if you just search. The answer is basically going to depend on how you drive and where you drive. Most gets in the low to mid 20s in mostly city driving, low to mid 30s on the highway and mid to high 20s in mixed driving.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol I was actually asking how much it cost to fill the tank. The answer to how much gas people consume is a good one to, but I did just want to know how much it cost to fill the tank. Thanks for your answer though.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
How much to fill the tank? Well take the capacity of the tank, subtract about 2 gallons for whats in the lines and at the bottom of the tank and multiply that number by the current gas price/gal. There is your answer. Not really sure how that effects you buying the car because the cost of a tank really isn't what matters. It's the cost/mile.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol i suck at math & don't really get the whole miles to the gallon thing, thats why i made the post.

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
the tank is 14 US Gallons X $3.66 (the price for a gallon you quoted above) = $51.24 ....did they let you out of school not knowing basic 2nd grade math?

·
Registered
142 Posts
lol i suck at math & don't really get the whole miles to the gallon thing, thats why i made the post.
You don't know how to multiply?
And if you can't understand the concept of miles per gallon than you shouldn't have a drivers liscense.
Just sayin

·
Registered
157 Posts
I'd like to find gas at $3.66/gallon. Gas here, in Southern MN is $3.85/gallon. When I fill up, it usually takes around 10 gallons. ($38.50/tank)
Just a couple weeks ago, we were at $3.99/gallon ($40 to fill up)

·
Registered
593 Posts

Where is the face plant in palms icon?

Miles per gallon... how far you can go (measured in miles) for every gallon of gas used. It's how people determine how much money they will spend on gas. It's been around for a few years.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Tebore really nailed this. If you fill up every Monday, but only drive 1/4 tank it's not a good comparison to someone like me who shows "---" miles to empty when I fill up.

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Any automotive site can tell you how big the tank is, just take that number and multiply by the cost/gallon... really simple. Very very VERY simple.

The tank is 13.7 gallons. Most people will fill it up at 12 or 12.5 gallons. Some way before that, like at 10 gallons, and that makes the math really easy.
So 10 times whatever the price is. See? Simple.

Miles per gallon literally means how many miles you can drive on ONE gallon of gas. For us it's about 27 average. So if you put exactly one gallon in your tank, you'll be able to drive roughly 27 miles. Depending on where and how you drive that number can go up or down.

This really is second grade stuff here.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well umm if I don't know how big the tank is how am I gonna do the math? There is no reason for all of you to get smart. I just asked a simple question, but I know not to come here anymore.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You don't know how to multiply?
And if you can't understand the concept of miles per gallon than you shouldn't have a drivers liscense.
Just sayin
The concept of miles per gallon has nothing to do with how good of a driver you are & I have to say I'm a pretty good driver.

Just sayin

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Well umm if I don't know how big the tank is how am I gonna do the math? There is no reason for all of you to get smart. I just asked a simple question, but I know not to come here anymore.
By looking it up... It's actually not a simple question at all. Ask someone now and then again next time they fill up and the cost difference could range as much a $10 or more. It depends how much is in the tank when refueling and the current cost of fuel.

Like I said, you should be asking for MPG as that's really the determining factor here.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I'm still not sure how that answer is relevant. Were you trying to find out the size of the tank?

1 - 20 of 66 Posts