Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen that the kia forte koup SX has a temperature gauge when you push the button to the right. (I don't own one and saw it on a video a long time ago so bear with me.) I was just wondering what the gauge shows when you have the sedan? I would think it would be the same, but on all the sedan lists, it doesnt list it so just thought I'd ask. Thanks!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Only the SX models have these gauges, the EX and LX models only have trips and ECO.

They don't have temperature, avg MPG, avg speed, or any of that.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really? I knew that it only came on the SX, but it sounds like it doesn't come with anything! haha. What does it come with then?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Just the setting to turn on and off the ECO sensor, and only 2 trip meters to measure how far you've driven... lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just watched a video (didn't say if it was a koup or not) , but it said it had distance til empty, 2 trip, and a average mile per gallon setting. Is this for the sedan or koup? Haha just debating on which one to get.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
That is for the SX on either Sedan or Koup

·
Registered
1,315 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,825 Posts
So does the SX come with the water temp.? Do I really need the water temp.?
Sedan SX and Koup SX have identical instrument panel features -- with water temp gauge.

Do you REALLY need one...honestly, no. Just a nice-to-have item. I drove for decades with just idiot lights and never burned up an engine even though I had water pumps and water hoses go bad. Depends on how good a driver you are. Smells and noises tell you a lot -- are you alert to your car, or do you just put the key in and drive? If that's how you are (not attentive) then a water temp gauge isn't going to help you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts