Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
22 Forte GT2 DCT
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try my hand at some light fabrication this week. I took a cheapo Amazon gauge pod and with some creative metal work and some body filler I was able to craft a pod that sits on the left edge of the infotainment screen. It is held on with 3M double sided tape as well as one screw. There are two screws on the back side of the infotainment screen and I was able to repurpose one of them to hold the pod in place. It's not perfect but it will do the job.

Now I just need to find an electric boost/vacuum gauge. This is where I need recommendations... Autometer makes some really nice ones but I'd like to see what y'all are using for electric boost gauges.

This is what I started with:

Output device Camera accessory Gadget Cameras & optics Computer monitor accessory

Close up:
Camera accessory Automotive design Camera lens Cameras & optics Reflex camera

Camera at eye level:

Motor vehicle Speedometer Vehicle Automotive lighting Tachometer

Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual
That looks 馃憤. Looking forward to the final tweaks. I went with New South Performance which specializes in VW/Audi for the boost gauge. Theirs were the closest I found to matching the Kia gauge cluster theme.
Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part Gauge Automotive design

Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
Looks good! Got a link for the gauge pod and pictures of the back side where it鈥檚 mounted?

Registered
22 Forte GT2 DCT
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the starting point... I'll try to get a pic of the other side of it later today. https://www.amazon.com/SREUOIL-Univ...ywords=single+gauge+pod&qid=1663171835&sr=8-9

That looks 馃憤. Looking forward to the final tweaks. I went with New South Performance which specializes in VW/Audi for the boost gauge. Theirs were the closest I found to matching the Kia gauge cluster theme. View attachment 89129
Is that one electric or mechanical? I've found a lot of good looking mechanical ones but I'm not sure I'd be able to hide a vacuum hose well enough to satisfy me.

Registered
2020 KIA Forte GT Manual

Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
You're right. It's mechanical. I was thinking of the oil pressure gauge they have.
I鈥檇 be interested in that one for mine. Looks to be out of stock though

Registered
2022 gt2
1 - 12 of 12 Posts