Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I do the prep work for a turbo install, I can't seem to find aftermarket companies that makes a gauge pod for this car. No A pillar or even dashboard pods. I don't want to just stick the guages on the dashboard and make it look like a poor kids civic. Anyone seen anything or is this going to have to be a custom job? I'd rather buy it since last time I played with fiberglass I had a nice chemical burn on my arm.

I've seen on eBay, a part that holds a 7" screen for gps that covers the clock on the dashboard. Anyone have this, and if so, how's the fit? OEM style? I was thinking if worse comes to worse, I can mod it to hold a few gauges. Make them look stock. Any info would really help guys.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Go custom. No one seems to put the effort to make it. And they go out there way to make scuff plates piller stick ons. Mines will be done tomorrow hopefully.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. Not to bash the forum, but does anyone talk about anything else besides headlights? All I see are projector, hid, and Audi led posts. Does this car have bad lighting or something? No one talks about hp or torque gain on here. The only thing ive seen remotely close to the topic of engine performance is CAI. I'm not spending $250 for 6hp. It's a waste of money if you ask me. Something a 17 year old would put on his beat up integra. Am I missing something? Someone guide me in the right direction here please.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Thanks. Not to bash the forum, but does anyone talk about anything else besides headlights? All I see are projector, hid, and Audi led posts. Does this car have bad lighting or something? No one talks about hp or torque gain on here. The only thing ive seen remotely close to the topic of engine performance is CAI. I'm not spending $250 for 6hp. It's a waste of money if you ask me. Something a 17 year old would put on his beat up integra. Am I missing something? Someone guide me in the right direction here please.

It's a KIA Forte forum...

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Whats does a "kia" forte forum have to do with what he just said? Moving forward just too educate you. Theres a huge restriction of air flow in our stock intake system. Tk cai on the dyno gave me 10hp.and 10ft tq. Can a honda give you that with a cai i think not. And do a search for performance parts stick around for alittle bit longer theres many option for exhaust. We have 2 vendors on site. One solo performance two turbokits.com you want serious power install a nitrous kit or go turbo you choose. Go custom if you like supercharge it. Be diffrent

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Whats does a "kia" forte forum have to do with what he just said? Moving forward just too educate you. Theres a huge restriction of air flow in our stock intake system. Tk cai on the dyno gave me 10hp.and 10ft tq. Can a honda give you that with a cai i think not. And do a search for performance parts stick around for alittle bit longer theres many option for exhaust. We have 2 vendors on site. One solo performance two turbokits.com you want serious power install a nitrous kit or go turbo you choose. Go custom if you like supercharge it. Be diffrent
My point being its a KIA Forte not a Z06 Corvette. There is minimal support for performance and a low performing motor. Not hating just saying more people realize the cars will never be monsters at the track (w/o going F/I and spending boatloads of money on an economy car) so more go for the light performance and cosmetic mods.

But in your defense I can't see how a CAI can't be a beneficial mod considering it opens up the whole system. You can't add an exhaust and leave the bottle neck at the intake system. However, I believe one is made at the header as I doubt there is aftermarket support for that.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I just have to ask you. do you own a 2010/11 kia forte?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Im done. Come to the tri state meet april 30th A car that will "never be a monster" and tell me what you think

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
My point being its a KIA Forte not a Z06 Corvette. There is minimal support for performance and a low performing motor. Not hating just saying more people realize the cars will never be monsters at the track (w/o going F/I and spending boatloads of money on an economy car) so more go for the light performance and cosmetic mods.

But in your defense I can't see how a CAI can't be a beneficial mod considering it opens up the whole system. You can't add an exhaust and leave the bottle neck at the intake system. However, I believe one is made at the header as I doubt there is aftermarket support for that.
To comment your edited post take off your shield. Theres no need for header you wont gain any performance. They sell them over seas 699$

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
To comment your edited post take off your shield. Theres no need for header you wont gain any performance. They sell them over seas 699$
No performance increase from a header? We must have some really good flowing stock headers then. I haven't looked so I don't know but do we have a Pre-cat built into our header?

·
Registered
312 Posts
The reason why the THETA II/4b12 block doesn't have much of a performance market for it, is well, it's still a relatively new engine. It took YEARS for the 4g63, B18C, SR20DET engines to get where they are today. Also, KIA adopted the open-deck version vs dodge with the semi closed-deck. Thats why companys are still testing to see what works best. Honestly these engines have potential, but don't expect supra freeway pulls with them lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Boys boys boys, play nice. Haha here's the thing. Kia lists this car as a sports compact, let's make it sporty. My eventual goal, try to pull almost 400hp out of this engine. It could be done. I've seen a 900hp civic before. True the engine was $50k, but anything is possible. Definitely not running on the bottle. That's just cheating in my opinion, plus I dont feel like replacing the top end of my engine when it explodes. (people tend to hit the switch pre-WOT) if turbokits.com comes out with a stage III that can reach 400hp, well guess who's going to have it? This guy!

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
His stage one and two is capable of 400hp with proper tune. Aside from that you need internal work if you want that motor to last

·
Registered
645 Posts
400 hp in a 3000 pound car,your talking 0-60 in 4 seconds,if this is slow for you sje0123,then go buy yourself a Veyron.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
400 hp in a 3000 pound car,your talking 0-60 in 4 seconds,if this is slow for you sje0123,then go buy yourself a Veyron.
I guess you are running 20" drag radials? You wont have traction in fwd well into 3rd and probably beyond. But hey, can I get an invite to your fantasy land?

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
an lsd could help some 18inch slicks will do the job.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.