Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What kind of gains and i know the turbo manifold off of the genesis will not fit my 2.4 block but how much would it cost to make an adapter plate im getting the turbo for nothing so i am super curious. and any and all help is wanted thanks!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Are they getting a turbo upgrade is that why your getting it for cheap? I would use that extra money maybe and get a custom manifold made specifically for the Kia. I dunno thats just me. You could be the guinea pig for Turbo-kits.com

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
What kind of gains and i know the turbo manifold off of the genesis will not fit my 2.4 block but how much would it cost to make an adapter plate im getting the turbo for nothing so i am super curious. and any and all help is wanted thanks!
If the flow rate (lbs/min)of the Gen Coupe is similar to the one use by TurboKit you should expect the similar gain, but you'll need ALL the rest!!!

There's a lot more than a turbo in a full kit!!!! A turbo may be around 20% of the total price of a turbo kit.
My 2 pennys!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh i know my brother is giving me the turbo he has a evo xi turbo swap in the process and all the plumbing is whats gonna brake me lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh and not knocking turbo kits but their price is way out in left field for me but maybe one day i will have that after a ground up rebuild and such.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yup its a lot of work get the precise setup that will yield the best results and having knowledge of each part and what it does is helpful. Just research on turbos and our engines to make sure your going in the right direction.

·
Registered
973 Posts
i will i love my car but i know the aluminum block is not that strong
disagreed. People with the gen coupe (same block) have been running 20psi with it. Thats roughly 450 hp. All our internals are forged. Don't see how the aluminum block would be construed as week.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yea you should be fine its not the block really so much as internals i believe that would not handle the stress.

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
Id worry about the head gasket and head more than I would the bottom end with this engine.

·
Registered
129 Posts
dont forget injectors and tune. and im sure theres more to think about.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts