Kia Forte Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, I've been browsing these forums for awhile and finally went and did the deal yesterday and they said the car should arrive on wednesday. Got myself a Blue SX Automatic. (love that blue) I feel like I've been comparing compact cars for so long. Did all my research and finally decided on a forte because of all the features for the price. Oh and the look of course. My choice was between a forte and a focus. I think I made the right choice. Not sure whether I'll do any mods to it but I really love what BigE's done to his car. Seems like he has the same taste as me. I'll probably be asking a lot of questions soon as I receive the car so I'm sure you'll see more posts from me.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Congrats man, I'm actually expect to get my blue koup sx on Weds too. Although they said that last week... hopefully we'll both get it on time hah =]

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Welcome Gootz!

Send me a message sometime, maybe we can meetup and chat!

Hi Everyone, I've been browsing these forums for awhile and finally went and did the deal yesterday and they said the car should arrive on wednesday. Got myself a Blue SX Automatic. (love that blue) I feel like I've been comparing compact cars for so long. Did all my research and finally decided on a forte because of all the features for the price. Oh and the look of course. My choice was between a forte and a focus. I think I made the right choice. Not sure whether I'll do any mods to it but I really love what BigE's done to his car. Seems like he has the same taste as me. I'll probably be asking a lot of questions soon as I receive the car so I'm sure you'll see more posts from me.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Since you said that you've researched it, I'll assume that you're aware of the auto transmission problem that some of us have.

Best of luck to you. Hope you get a good one and enjoy it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome, I got mine about a month ago now and I love it! Have fun in it! I as well have a SX in the blue but I went with the manual over auto

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
wait, there's an auto transmission problem too? i thought it was the manuel transmission problem... with shifting or something...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Yes there is a problem with the 5 spd auto. The very first time it shifts from 2nd to 3rd it jerks. After that first shift it's OK. Then the next time you start the car it can happen again on that shift. But it doesn't always happen. There are circumstances where it will not, but I can get it to happen.

I knew of the problem but didn't test the car enough to catch it. I would not have bought the car had the problem occured before I handed over my money.

There is a 'Poll" going on in the 2.4 Engin Discussion forum and a very long thread over on kia-forums about this problem.

·
Premium Member
704 Posts
Congrats and welcome. Thanks for your comments on my car (I love my car). Don't get to worried regarding the comments on the A/T shift issue, I don't have any issues at all.

Please fell welcome to ask any questions but don't forget to do a search first, you may find what you're looking for there.

See you around on the forum and maybe next year in TO at a meet, this time with my car. (did I mention I love my car!) :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm at work right now so just a quick message about the car, I'll write up more later and post a pic. I got it wednesday night and had an hour long drive home from the dealership. I'm still trying to work out my seat and steering wheel adjustments. So far everything is great. I haven't noticed any transmission issues, wbw. Though I've mostly only done Highway driving. My home and work are both right next to highways. So I've spent most of my time in 5th gear. So far I'm loving everything about the car. bluetooth is great. love the controls. havent tried out the manumatic/steptronic/whoknowswhatitscalled yet but i suppose i'll give that a shot later today. I'm driving calm for the first 1000 km and then I'll open it up and see how she does.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Ditto on the congrats...mod away with the factory accessories..LoL! Here's hoping you don't get the 2-3 shift jerk. I have a sedan SX and Koup SX both with the 5-speed auto and like BigE I/we haven't had any problems either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thought i'd post a pic of my sedan after i picked it up. Everyone I know whose seen the car or been inside have nothing but great comments to say about it, which is cool. As you can see I'm living in a new development and I'm parked in a gravel driveway. There's nothing but dirt and dust everywhere. It's less than a week and its already pretty dirty. I also have every single construction vehicle you can think of constantly driving up and down my street and pulling 3 point turns right in front of my house. Makes me so nervous. I got 35% tint all around.

photo.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Looks good man. I went 35% all the way around as well. Just enough to look good and so the popo leave you alone. :)

keep us posted on your progress with the car and enjoy the hell out of it!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts