Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
2019 Forte FE
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2019 FE came with that spray-in goop to "fix" a flat instead of a spare. This was all about "Reducing weight, for better MPG's." Yeah, right. I got a quote from a dealer called "kiacheapparts.com" for the stock compact wheel jack & lug wrench of $201.58, delivered. Does not include the tire. Does anyone have any thoughts on this price, other possible options, and how much it would cost to buy & install the compact tire?

Details:

Spare Tire Hardware Kit, Part # M7F40-AU000 - $170.04
Shipping - $31.54

TIA

Wheel Automotive tire Tire Rim Automotive wheel system

· Registered
2019 Forte FE
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Yeah I've been thinking about hitting junkyards for this since I got the car, just haven't gotten around to it. And I only know of 1 in the area. Many years ago, I had a 1966 Corvair Corsa, used to dig around junkyards all the time for stuff. Does anyone happen to know, if I don't find my exact model, what do I need to look at for a compact spare, other than the bolt pattern? I actually made a paper template for that. Is offset an issue with compacts?

I did find one on a local "neighbor chat" site, got it for free, but wrong bolt pattern!

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
You have tons of choices for the 5x114.3 bolt pattern. :)

Just get the right size tire. The only thing I'd worry about is offset....... do donuts have differing offsets??
Yes? I'd think so at least. I'd get one for some sort of somewhat recent Hyundai/Kia product to be safe

· Premium Member
2016 Forte 1.8
342 Posts
I bought a real steel wheel, through Walmart. And a real tire. In 2016, soon after we bought the Forte.
And an x-wrench. And a scissors jack, from pull a part.
I wouldn't drive a mile from home without a real spare tire.
For a while, my dear wife had an uncanny ability to find screws and nails on the road 🙄

· Registered
'21 Forte FE 6-Speed
1,905 Posts
I bought a real steel wheel, through Walmart. And a real tire. In 2016, soon after we bought the Forte.
And an x-wrench. And a scissors jack, from pull a part.
I wouldn't drive a mile from home without a real spare tire.
For a while, my dear wife had an uncanny ability to find screws and nails on the road 🙄
Full size spare is the way to go, since you don't have to keep it under 50 mph and your dynamics aren't hurt in a noticeable way like they would be with a donut, so your ability to dodge an accident (for example) isn't sacrificed. It also doesn't seem like it'll cost you much more, especially if you just get a wheel and tire used at the junkyard or something.

Reactions: mobileterminaluser
1 - 11 of 11 Posts