Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I did a little calling around and found this guy in my area who has been doing custom car paint jobs for 45 years. I mentioned to him that I want to color match my new K badges (7 badges in total) and (20) plastic wheel inserts to match my car (black).

Im also going to have him paint the "koup" badge, leaving the red stroke where the k starts :)

He gave me a ballpark price of $150 to paint everything. Once my badges arrive ill be able to take everything to him and get a better estimate, should be on the lower end of $100 i figure because it shouldn't take him long at all. Hopefully even less than $100.

Nonetheless, it will be a professional job so i dont mind paying a little for expertise. plus it should come with some sort of warranty.

Does anyone out there have any pictures of a black koup with blacked out badges? or matte black badges? has to be a black car though! I'm about 90% sure I want to go with the black badges, just want some reassurance!

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
youre welcome with the red k idea!!!! lol do it and show us pics when your done, should look pretty sick
thank you Killed ;) .... it was a superb idea i must say! don't know how much i'll like it cuz im going for a COMPLETE blacked out look, but a little touch of red might just look nice! Either way, if I don't like it i'm going to sell it to someone on here for a great price!

·
Banned
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i agree it may not be hard, i just don't have the time / space / materials to do it :)

plus + i'd rather have a pro do it. (new car = nothing but the best touching it)

I for one am not the best painter :/

·
Registered
431 Posts
I blacked out most things on my car, starting from the rim inserts to the kia badges to the center caps. Most of them are the same method. Just use 400 grit 3m sandpaper, dry sand, then wetsand, then apply duplicolor black then wait till dry.. then another coat, then wait till dry, then clearcoat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.