Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm new to the forum so if this is in the wrong section forgive me...
I'm looking to buy a Kia Forte soon. I'd like to buy a Forte in the EX trim with a 5 speed manual, power moonroof, and Corsa Blue exterior and either a stone or charcoal interior. I noticed on Kia's site when you go to build the Forte the EX model doesn't have the option of the Corsa Blue exterior... but I could have sworn when I was out doing errands yesterday I saw a Forte EX in blue(the back of the car even said EX, not SX)... Just wondering, is there some way I can get a Forte EX with a blue exterior and stone or charcoal interior through my local Kia dealer?
Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hi,
I'm new to the forum so if this is in the wrong section forgive me...
I'm looking to buy a Kia Forte soon. I'd like to buy a Forte in the EX trim with a 5 speed manual, power moonroof, and Corsa Blue exterior and either a stone or charcoal interior. I noticed on Kia's site when you go to build the Forte the EX model doesn't have the option of the Corsa Blue exterior... but I could have sworn when I was out doing errands yesterday I saw a Forte EX in blue(the back of the car even said EX, not SX)... Just wondering, is there some way I can get a Forte EX with a blue exterior and stone or charcoal interior through my local Kia dealer?
Thanks!
Welcome to the forums.

Shouldn't be a problem. Stock is dwindling now with the 2011's right around the corner so they might be hesitant to do a dealer trade. Just call around to a bunch of dealers and say "well this dealership has them, so either you trade for this price or i go there".......they'll change their mind and give you the trade pretty quick

I did something similar with mine, i told them i was looking at an SX about 2 hours away and they came back with a sweet deal on an EX for me so i took it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forums.

Shouldn't be a problem. Stock is dwindling now with the 2011's right around the corner so they might be hesitant to do a dealer trade. Just call around to a bunch of dealers and say "well this dealership has them, so either you trade for this price or i go there".......they'll change their mind and give you the trade pretty quick

I did something similar with mine, i told them i was looking at an SX about 2 hours away and they came back with a sweet deal on an EX for me so i took it.
Hey,
Thanks for your help! Not sure what you mean about a dealer trade? I'm actually just trying to buy a car new, I don't have anything to trade in, but what I was trying to find is a Forte EX with a 5 spd manual, Corsa Blue exterior, either stone or charcoal interior. The reason I was asking about this is because from what I can see, the EX doesn't come in Corsa Blue. But I could have sworn when I was out yesterday doing errands I saw a Forte EX on the road that was blue. So I'm trying to find out if the EX doesn't come in blue, could they special order it from the factory? Or somehow get one from somewhere?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hey,
Thanks for your help! Not sure what you mean about a dealer trade? I'm actually just trying to buy a car new, I don't have anything to trade in, but what I was trying to find is a Forte EX with a 5 spd manual, Corsa Blue exterior, either stone or charcoal interior. The reason I was asking about this is because from what I can see, the EX doesn't come in Corsa Blue. But I could have sworn when I was out yesterday doing errands I saw a Forte EX on the road that was blue. So I'm trying to find out if the EX doesn't come in blue, could they special order it from the factory? Or somehow get one from somewhere?
What i meant by a dealer trade was they might be able to get it from another dealer by trading on of the vehicles they have in stock. Normally this costs a little and they might pass it on to you or any discount you wanted is gone.

The EX should come in corsa blue, i don't see why it wouldn't. I'm not sure if they'd do a special order now though since the factory is pushing out 2011's now. You might have to sacrifice a little since it's the end of the model year or wait until the 2011's....but who knows, talk to your dealer and see what they can do

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright, thanks everyone... I'll see what I can get! I also might just wait till the 2011's come out(like some of you said). I've waited a while to get a new car, I guess I can wait a bit longer.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hey,
You cannot special order it, I tried with a Copperhead SX Koup, but the only two coming from port with all my options were either Titanium or Corsa Blue. Corsa Blue is available on EX or SX Koups, but only on SX sedans. Koups can only get a black interior, at least for 2010. I haven't seen very much any change for 6sp manual Koups in 2011, either EX or SX, so get a '10 if you can for a sweet deal.

·
Registered
585 Posts
A few people on this board complained about the manual transmission...saying its not that enjoyable and easy to use...you really need to try it out extensively before you commit to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.