Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried the GForce performance chip in their Forte? I wasn't really looking to do anything like that, but I saw an AD on the side of the forum here. Sounds too good to be true. Am I right?

·
Registered
2021 Forte GT w/GT2, Currant Red, SXTH Element Intercooler Kit, Evilla Exhaust, Takeda S2 Intake
3,885 Posts
I have doubts about these products...if they increase HP and increase MPG I would think the manufacturers would already have them installed...

·
Registered
48 Posts
manufacturers usually tune the ecu such that there is a balance between hp and mpg, so they are not optimized for ur usage. additionally, they have to make sure it passes the emissions tests thus maps are less aggressive...

how much gain u get from such stuff depends mostly on the tuner and less from the product... the product just allows u to tune the ecu...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Don't do it...I did a test with a couple friends about some chip they ordered off Ebay...it was just a resistor inside when I opened it that was supposed to be hooked up to their MAF sensor to make the computer run rich ALL THE TIME...bad juju. You should ALWAYS go with a flash with a module that can store different maps. Research is best. I know SFR has a great tune package from when they came to the Chicago area earlier this month. So far from my own research and panel of questioning they seem to know what their talking about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts