Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where to pick one of these up to match the fog light inserts? I have the dull ex version, just not sure if the best solution would be to just have it painted gloss black.

I tried search but the solution was left opened. :confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an SX myself, but the EX ones I saw here all had the gloss black also. Where are you from? I am in Vancouver, BC. But regardless, i am sure you could order one from Kia, or have it painted professionally in the gloss. I don't know if that helps.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
The 2011 EX models all have glossy black trim but the 2010 EX models have flat black trim. Leroy, me and a few other members on here bought glossy black lower and upper grilles from a seller on eBay called automotiveapple. You'll have to search him and email him. He doesn't currently have any glossy black lower grilles posted on eBay though.

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
I'm not sure it would turn out as well as the OEM glossy black grille and it would probably be more expensive. The SX grill has a smooth texture and the EX grill is a little bit bumpy for a lack of a better word. I bought mine off eBay for around $50, I would guess a body shop would charge a little more than that to paint it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah mine is a 2010 sx, but in 2010 when i bought my car, the 2010 ex's in BC had the gloss, atleast at the dealership I bought from. But I agree, the paint option truthfully probably won't look as smooth and glossy. I would source out a gloss one like SubtleStyle advised.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts