Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am i the only 1 that has a shitty glove box?
in order for me to close the glove box, i have to do it slow... sometimes to 3 times just so the lock can hold it in place. is there a fix or am i the only 1?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
I havent had a problem with mine yet... but i have herd of other people having a problem with this

·
Registered
587 Posts
I haven't had that, but I'm sure you can have it replaced under warranty.

·
Registered
475 Posts
You not the only one, i haver a shitty one too....i have to hold it and close it slowly....i thought i was the only one...but its not a big deal.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Put a little dab of axle grease on the striker faces of the latches. It's cheap plastic and gets a lot of friction when you close it, and that can cause it not to latch correctly.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
Mythbusters rock!

As for the glove box, too bad they don't offer a lock for it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
my glove box seems to be one of the hold the latch open while you close it most of the time thats how I close it... sometimes it works with out having too hold the latch
not to big a deal to me thou

·
Premium Member
138 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
I received a survey from JD Power and associates last night on the forte and one of the sections was just about the glove box which i haven't had any issues with. I rarely use it actually

·
Registered
1 Posts
am i the only 1 that has a shitty glove box?
in order for me to close the glove box, i have to do it slow... sometimes to 3 times just so the lock can hold it in place. is there a fix or am i the only 1?
The spring fell out or off, only problem is I don’t know where to put the spring back that pulls the latches back out after pulling the handle.

·
Registered
387 Posts
The spring fell out or off, only problem is I don’t know where to put the spring back that pulls the latches back out after pulling the handle.
Thread is from 2010, I’ve responded to some without looking how old they are on a snowmobile site I’m on; a bunch of members want the older than ten year old threads removed; I would like a archive created!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts