Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah buddy going to the track to see what it runs bone stock, but with all my badges and hids i should be a lil faster hahaha. its just an eighth mile track though:( what are yalls times like so far, ex or sx

·
Registered
312 Posts
Here is a video of when we went down to dragway 42.
*************************************Skip to about ^ to watch the Koupe
The Yaris is turbocharged and my brother's Koupe SX is going against a Saabaru!
(My buddy is driving the Koupe though)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok my first and best run was a [email protected]:D with tcs off, using the paddles, and no burn-out. then a [email protected] and my brother did a [email protected] i tried to shift around 5,200-5,500rpms cuz ive noticed when i try to redline it a little, it shifts for itself when i shift too(1st gear, shift and then goes into third) does anyone else have this problem, and is there a way to correct it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
^ the car will shift automatically before it reaches red-line, nothin' you can do about it besides reprogramming the ECU. The Forte loses a bit of power close to red-line anyways, so you wanna shift it 700 rpm's before red-line. Sounds like you had fun though ;)

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well my 2010 was manual and i hated it driving all day plus the clutch was too soft for me. but last night i was wanting the 6 speed m/t so bad. so where do forte owners go to get their pcm programmed

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^
WTF happened to you Kia???
you've just been silly lately.. I'm guessing your very board ;)

2,213 Posts
cabin fever!!!!! waiting for nice weather so i can put parts on my car! lol

but in all honesty... i really do want to know the stock hp on the yaris. cause thats pretty cool that he turbo'd it.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
^^^^
OOh cabin fever, that makes perfect sence now :)

·
Registered
312 Posts
106 hp, 103 tq at the crank and I believe it was 92 whp, and 88 wtq.
66 whp gain is not bad IMO :shrug:

·
Registered
973 Posts
When I ran the 1/8th I ran two 10.5 runs, a couple 10.6's, a 10.7 run and one that was 11 flat (didn't burn all the water off from the water box lol, stupid rookie mistake)
looking forward to running it again this may (or sooner=])
getting wheels this week or early next week that already have some better tires on them.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I wonder what a run would be with powershifting/ no-lift shift? (i know its horrible on the transmission, i never did it, but i think it will be a bit faster

1 - 16 of 16 Posts