Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just hit 100miles on my Sx and I want to go to the track to see what I run stock. Do you guys think I should wait and put more miles on it?

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Yea I don't think it's a great idea to push it to it's limits with only 100 miles on it. Maybe 500 if u don't wanta wait for 1000

2,213 Posts
is there a break in period for turbo? cause i actually want to see what my car does at the track. see what the comparison is. 561, when you hit 1k and take it to the track lemme know the numbers

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I asked TK that KIA and Jesse said u should break in the turbo for 500 miles using REG gas and then go over to premium. U can double check with him but that's what he told me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh ok I'll wait then, I'm in no rush.
KIA- yea when I do I'll post #'s and a vid( like my friends say no vid it never happened)lol

·
Registered
350 Posts
is it gonna be completely stock when you take it to the track? im excited to see how it performs and handles.. im glad youre gonna take our advice and wait though, 100 miles is way too soon to push the limits.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yea I want a base run. So I can compare my #'s in the future with the mods I do.

·
Registered
453 Posts
2,213 Posts
maybe when you learn how to drive stick!!! lol

you hit up fridays parking lot yet on tuesdays in tottenville? apparently its a big meeting point.

·
Registered
227 Posts
i already know how to drive the stick...i've been driving it to the city, to PA front and back like 4 times

nah gonna be busy...friday im heading up to PA

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My best 1/4 mile time has been 16.0 stock, anyone else got some numbers?
I did 1/4 mile last year with TK CAI on my EX 5 speed MT

R/T .960
60' 2.491
330' 6.942
1/8 10.613
MPH 66.42
1000' 13.805
1/4 16.479
MPH 85.08

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Seems like most stock numbers have been close to 10.6 on the 1/8 and 16.5 on the 1/4

·
Registered
916 Posts
Has crock posted any times yet at 8 psi? I'm curious what the difference is, k I a, after you do break yours in are you gonna do some runs and post times? What psi?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts