Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Looking to source K badges for the grille (maybe; might do the Road Runs grille) and the trunk, and for the steering wheel. What's a good source? Is there a badge available that's as good a quality as the original Kia badges?

Bonus if anyone knows where I can find a K-logoed scuff plate :D

2,213 Posts
eBay has good k badges and for the scuff plate. Get a plain one, bring it to a metal shop and have them cut out the "K". That's what I'm having done.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Hi all,

Looking to source K badges for the grille (maybe; might do the Road Runs grille) and the trunk, and for the steering wheel. What's a good source? Is there a badge available that's as good a quality as the original Kia badges?

Bonus if anyone knows where I can find a K-logoed scuff plate :D
Hey Thunderbuck. I bought my "K" badges from E-Bay and the seller was great (shipped super quick and had prompt responses to any questions I had) and the quality is awesome. I found it was better price wise to buy them all at once instead of buying one here and one there & this way the quality and make is all the same. Honestly, I'd say these are as good, if not better than the OEM KIA badges. I LOVE them. Check it out:)
KIA CERATO KOUP forte koup 2010 Kia Logo EMBLEM SET 7ea: eBay Motors (item 290462311487 end time Nov-06-10 17:15:40 PDT)

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Ryan, that's a great find! I think I'll grab these this week.

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Hey Ryan, that's a great find! I think I'll grab these this week.
Thanks Thunderbuck:D Like I said, this seller is really good (I also bought a Sequence-X GT spoiler from him) and more importantly, these badges are heavy duty-haha. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

·
Banned
75 Posts
Hey Thunderbuck. I bought my "K" badges from E-Bay and the seller was great (shipped super quick and had prompt responses to any questions I had) and the quality is awesome. I found it was better price wise to buy them all at once instead of buying one here and one there & this way the quality and make is all the same. Honestly, I'd say these are as good, if not better than the OEM KIA badges. I LOVE them. Check it out:)
KIA CERATO KOUP forte koup 2010 Kia Logo EMBLEM SET 7ea: eBay Motors (item 290462311487 end time Nov-06-10 17:15:40 PDT)
these look good.. but the steering wheel and the wheel caps look like they just "go over" the original badges.... is this true? or do you take all the badges off then replace them?

I am looking for a set, I like this set a lot, but I dont want "caps" for my current badges, I want all new badges..

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
these look good.. but the steering wheel and the wheel caps look like they just "go over" the original badges.... is this true? or do you take all the badges off then replace them?

I am looking for a set, I like this set a lot, but I dont want "caps" for my current badges, I want all new badges..
Hi sxe_koup. Ya, the only "replacement" badges are the ones that go on the trunk and front grill. The wheel caps and steering wheel cap are meant to "go over" the existing KIA emblems. They all have the same high quality 3M adhesive and I definitely am glad I bought them. I have seen a forum on here where somebody removed their steering wheel badge and then put this one on, so I know that's possible. I have not seen anywhere that has replacement center wheel mullions (and I've done a ton of Koup shopping), so you may just have to live with one of these caps. Like I said tho, they look pretty sharp IMO.:p

·
Banned
75 Posts
Hi sxe_koup. Ya, the only "replacement" badges are the ones that go on the trunk and front grill. The wheel caps and steering wheel cap are meant to "go over" the existing KIA emblems. They all have the same high quality 3M adhesive and I definitely am glad I bought them. I have seen a forum on here where somebody removed their steering wheel badge and then put this one on, so I know that's possible. I have not seen anywhere that has replacement center wheel mullions (and I've done a ton of Koup shopping), so you may just have to live with one of these caps. Like I said tho, they look pretty sharp IMO.:p
thanks for the info man. I guess Ill have to settle for what I can get at the moment.

·
Banned
75 Posts
so today I took off my wheels to remove the ugly silver plastic pieces around the spokes... and i popped all my kia wheel covers off. On the covers (that you say the "k" badges are supposed to "go over") they look a bit raised, like i mean the kia part of the wheel cap is raised where the lettering is and the oval is around the kia logo..... how good of a fit are the stick on caps if there is raised lettering on what they are being placed on!? OR are the replacement wheel caps domed like the steering wheel cap?

if they are not domed, i may not put them over the kia ones, im just going to leave the cap out all together... having a flat piece stuck on something with raised lettering will fall off in about 6 months due to wear (small stones, water etc getting in the small space)

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
so today I took off my wheels to remove the ugly silver plastic pieces around the spokes... and i popped all my kia wheel covers off. On the covers (that you say the "k" badges are supposed to "go over") they look a bit raised, like i mean the kia part of the wheel cap is raised where the lettering is and the oval is around the kia logo..... how good of a fit are the stick on caps if there is raised lettering on what they are being placed on!? OR are the replacement wheel caps domed like the steering wheel cap?

if they are not domed, i may not put them over the kia ones, im just going to leave the cap out all together... having a flat piece stuck on something with raised lettering will fall off in about 6 months due to wear (small stones, water etc getting in the small space)
Hi sxe_koup. Sorry for delayed reply dude, I've been busy lately. Yup, the wheel caps are slightly domed and fit over the KIA center mullion caps nicely. Honestly, I'm INCREDIBLY fussy when it comes to my car and I wouldn't do or put anything on or into my car if it's half-assed and I love this kit. But now that I see this Wolf-like hybrid, I may pick that one up as a spare- haha. It looks pretty mean:)

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, that wolf logo looks really cool. But my K badges are on the way anyway... guess I'll just have to settle for that right now :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts