Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a bazooka tube sub (just wanted something relatively cheap and very mobile, so I could take it in and out when needed) Anyways I took it to a buddy who does installs and works for Canadian tire and he said he couldn't do it because in order toget in behind the Factory Head Unit a special tool is needed and taking the air vents out is needed too??

Is this true? anyone installed any audio equipment? I just want this thing hooked up lol...
Supposed to be getting my lighted spoiler today as well, so anyone in around the Newmarket, GTA, Toronto area who knows how to do this stuff and would "hook me up" for a decent price?

Get at me... Thanks Guys!
And Happy New Year! All teh best in 2011 for all of you!

·
Registered
174 Posts
MY subs get sound from my rear door speakers. I tapped the harness in the pillar between my two PASSENGER side doors(Dont run your sound wires on the same side of your powerline or you will have a buzz all the time) This ways been done for a long time and is the easiest way to install on a new car....without replacing the deck:D

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
Randyqg does your sub pound hard or is it quiet? When i got my sub installed the installer tried the rear speakers first and there wasnt enough power there so my sub was super quiet. They hooked the sub up to the front speakers and it made the sub hit hard. They spliced into the speaker wire in both spots.

·
Registered
405 Posts
The 'special' tool can be made with a cloth hanger... there is a thread 'bout this somewhere. A lot installed their HU and/or Sub by themself here... there is a lot of interresting threads 'bout that. Look in the Koup and Sedan sections...

·
Registered
174 Posts
Randyqg does your sub pound hard or is it quiet? When i got my sub installed the installer tried the rear speakers first and there wasnt enough power there so my sub was super quiet. They hooked the sub up to the front speakers and it made the sub hit hard. They spliced into the speaker wire in both spots.
Got my spaekas goin hamma!!lol They hit hard, Power should come from your amp though right? our door speakers suck all around, the reason the front sounds so good is because of the small speakers that sit inside the window well... I THINK:rolleyes:

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just got my sub installed. You have to take out the two air vents next to the radio (they are a SUPER tight fit you have to pull hard) Than there are some bolts that hold the radio and the radio is a super tight fit too so you have to pull it a little harder. It seems that everything on that car is such a tight fit... bumper was the same way

1 - 6 of 6 Posts