Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on the fence. I'll leave it for a few weeks to see if it grows on me then if i like it I'll do the matching glossy areas on the dash.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That looks sweet. where can you buy those 3m suff?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Very slick!

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
Dude, I found them for $2.99 and free shipping. Any chance you would make a few and sell?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found what for $2.99? If you'd want me to do one for you I'd need you to send me the piece. I cut it after the vinyl is laid on there. Easy enough to do yourself though.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I found 4" x 8" pieces of Di-Noc on ebay

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So I got bored again tonight. I do some of my best work when I'm bored and tired.

We'll see how this holds up...

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tonight out in the cold will be the first test. I'm thinking it will start to peel soon though because the knob isn't solid. We'll see though. it could surprise me.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Held up in the sub freezing temps with no contraction or lifting at the edges. Got a few more pieces I want to wrap and the nice subtle CF will be done.

·
Registered
825 Posts
I luv it when you get bored. I was gonna do this exact same thing. I have some Carbon Fiber III vinyl left over from an old hood (no pun intended) project from my accord. Great job.

Did you remove the hole piece or just cut around it?

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
On the first piece, do you attach it first, then trim, or trim it, then peel the back of and attach? I've never dealt with this type of material.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
peel the back off, stick it to the piece, use hair dryer to soften it to work it around curves and into areas, trim it.

Seriously, if you want me to do it for you I can. Just mail me the piece and I'll have it done in 1 day and shipped back out to you. We can talk pricing if you want. Shoot me a PM.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.