Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving to work and an RCMP(they just do the highways) car was coming towards me. It went by and like always, i looked to see how fast i was going. 81 in an 80 zone. then i see that he is pulling a U-turn with his lights on. i was the only car on the road so i knew he was coming for me, but didnt know why. So i pull over and he got out of his car and headed past the window and goes to the front of my Forte. he said " you cant have blue turn signals. As he was looking at them i put the turn signals on (they turned orange..of course) and he asked if they were factory. i said no. "i pulled you over because they look blue but now i see the really not that blue, im going to write you a warning.(warning said blue signal lights) and then he tried picking Tint off my windows, which i dont even have. i was very pissed that he said that i need to remove them. they are not blue!

oh and after work i installed 6000k LED fogs to match the "blue" to add more of the same light color. the only lights that were 6000k were the switchbacks. so maybe it looked Blue-ier because they were compared to the stock(looking) fogs and stock headlights(im still waiting on my DD HID replacement bulb). so when i get the new bulb, the whole front will be 6000k. then hopefully i dont get pulled over again.

anyone else? Thoughts?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RCMP are cocks no matter where you go. But you should do what they say just so they leave you alone, because I mean Cape Breton isn't a big place.

i work with the Police so im going to ask them tonight

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
I have been running silver stars on my turn for my srt and they are blue when not illuminated. I never had a problem. If they are blue and Illuminated, then you have a problem.

These are legal and DOT approved....

·
Registered
644 Posts
I have switchbacks, stock headlights, and yellow fogs, and i have not had any problems. I even leave my lights on during the day and haven't had any problems..

·
Registered
432 Posts
If I understand, your corner lights are 6000k when lit but not flashing, and they turn to amber when you're signaling, right?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just be careful how you install your HIDs, otherwise you will be blinding the heck out of people and that's a fat ticket.

HIDs look cool, but if they are not in a projector, they are very distracting to other drivers at night. So just be careful.

·
Premium Member
295 Posts
8k-10k is what i have white/borderline blue.
Some 5ks i had were REALLY WHITE.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how is everyone else on here with HIDs not blinding other drivers?

·
Registered
432 Posts
how is everyone else on here with HIDs not blinding other drivers?
I have good quality 35w 4300k HIDs. The beam pattern is very good, actually much comparable to the stock pattern. I have not been high-beamed even once since I got them in April.

I did not have to adjust my headlights, but some might have to do it.

The problem with many is bad adjustment and too high K rating... 10000k HIDs will blind the shit outta oncomming traffic.. (on top of looking like crap)!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Most of the problem is that when they are installed in the reflector, they disperse the light sideways and everywhere. If they are in a projector or installed properly, they will focus the light to the front, and cops are less likely to pull you over.

When there is a car on the oncoming direction (or behind you) and have them installed that way, it's very blinding. For some reason our eyes are not much affected by red or yellow light, but white and blue oh yeah.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
They probably blinded the people so now they can't find this forum to complain about it. I get flashed because my stock headlights are too bright and when I put on the highbeams I light up the night! These cars don't need HID they are plenty bright already.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I get flashed all the time and my lights are stock. I think I need to adjust my lights though because my high beams only make signs brighter, not the road. Lol

·
Registered
98 Posts
i feel the same way, i dont see any further, i just get blinded more by my own damn lights

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have good quality 35w 4300k HIDs. The beam pattern is very good, actually much comparable to the stock pattern. I have not been high-beamed even once since I got them in April.

I did not have to adjust my headlights, but some might have to do it.

The problem with many is bad adjustment and too high K rating... 10000k HIDs will blind the shit outta oncomming traffic.. (on top of looking like crap)!
10,000K will not blind the shit outta oncoming traffic. Its a common misconception, 4500k - 5500K will blind the shit outta oncoming traffic if not aimed correctly.

The higher the K, the lower your lumens.

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
I installed mine myself on Highs, Lows, and fogs, and drove behind 3 different friends, all of them said that my low beams don't blind them (DDM tuning 35W 5000K), however, my flogs are kinda bright and they annoy them if i have them on (35W DDM tuning 6000K).

Friends cars were"

2008 Subaru Impreza
2006 Pontiac G6
and a 2000 Ford focus

1 - 20 of 22 Posts