Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i got in my car this morning i saw that the rubber thing by the E-Brake had fallen inside the hole. I went to kia and they told me they would have to order me a whole new center console plastic because the nipples (yes that is what he called it) that hold the rubber piece on there all had broken. these nipples are no larger than .7 inch lead from a pencil. Kinda ghetto how the peice is held in there. Anyways kia guy told me its under warranty and should hopefully be here in two weeks. Sorry about the messy car

Attachments

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Damn this happened to me too... D: UGHHHHH, I'm gonna have to do the same.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Gotta hate when your nipples break off... At least we now know which Safeway you shop at. lol

·
Registered
87 Posts
Happened to me too.. I think they changed the material on the new ones. Open your console and remove the access cover on the bottom- I bet you'll find the metal retainer for that rubber piece.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I man I hope it doesn't take two months. I just don't want some loose fries to fall in there lol jk about the fries

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It seems like KIA is true with their products tho. I accidently pressure wash the paint if the silver plastic on the wheel and they covered that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just tell them you went through an automatic car wash and thats what happened. now i do only have 5000 miles on the car after 8 months. so i dont know if that helped or not. but lesson learned. do not wash your dirty rims with a pressure washer lol.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Happened to me. There's a thread for warranty issues btw.. Anyways it took me a little over 2 months to get the part in. They're replacing the ENTIRE center console just for the one stupid rubber piece. It takes a while for that piece to come in.... Trust me...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts