Kia Forte Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
Haha if you are crazy enough to do it, I want proof!!! :eek:
i will have someone with me in the car next time i do it i cant imagine letting go of the wheel at 130mph just to hold a camera lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
I achieved 190KPH on a 2 lane hiway. I will test the speed limiter as soon as the roads dry up. Not that I encourage going way above the speed limits, but this car felt pretty comfortable, confident and awesome at 190kph. I will be comfortable taking it to the car speed control cut off which is supposably 204kph.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
That's my max as well. I don't think anyone on the forums has gone beyond that point.
i will soon do a recording of me hitting 250mph on my forte lmao! maybe not but i wonder if i can go 150........

·
Registered
486 Posts
I can confirm the 127 at least... my Garmin GPS said 128. Although... I felt like it had more when I let off.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I can confirm the 127 at least... my Garmin GPS said 128. Although... I felt like it had more when I let off.
yea well i can confirm 130mph :) beat that got to wait till the weather gets better i will hit the 140+ mark watch

·
Registered
178 Posts
I will test the 140+ when i get my lip spoiler and lower it cause I hit 125mph and it was getting a lil testy haha...plus i got a little paranoid bout cops...p.s. this was on a highway late at night with no one around..i don't do this stuff if there is anyway to hurt other people...

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
We should all just come together and have a drag race. And see which one of us has enough guts to make it the fastest! Great plan, right?? :D

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Well, lets wait for me to join the ranks! Lol, I think Pharoh will out do us all with his NOS lmao.

Announcer: And Pharoh is blasting away while fas93 hasn't even turned on her car yet?!?!

Lol :D

·
Registered
211 Posts
I took my 2.0 to 170 km/h, one day when I was being a complete idiot. That was completely unsafe. I was the only one on the two-lane highway and was in the left lane. I saw a Subaru getting on the highway. I thought he wouldn't come into my lane (seeing how there was no one else on the damn road). I was wrong. He must've been doing around a 100 km/h and I almost rear-ended him. Pressing the brakes as hard as I could without losing control resulted in my fiancee being launched forward to have the seat belt pull her back, slamming her head on the headrest.

Even though the moron cut me off for no reason, I was an idiot for driving at 170 km/h (105 mph), and planning to accelerate further. Our cars, while certainly capable of 200 km/h, are not designed to do it safely. Ive driven other cars at this speed on secluded, open roads with no one with me. At least I only put my own life at risk. I'll stay away from speed from now on.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I took my 2.0 to 170 km/h, one day when I was being a complete idiot. That was completely unsafe. I was the only one on the two-lane highway and was in the left lane. I saw a Subaru getting on the highway. I thought he wouldn't come into my lane (seeing how there was no one else on the damn road). I was wrong. He must've been doing around a 100 km/h and I almost rear-ended him. Pressing the brakes as hard as I could without losing control resulted in my fiancee being launched forward to have the seat belt pull her back, slamming her head on the headrest.

Even though the moron cut me off for no reason, I was an idiot for driving at 170 km/h (105 mph), and planning to accelerate further. Our cars, while certainly capable of 200 km/h, are not designed to do it safely. Ive driven other cars at this speed on secluded, open roads with no one with me. At least I only put my own life at risk. I'll stay away from speed from now on.
yea go solo if you going to reach them speeds and it would be best at night also and hey just by a parachute for next time lol :p its a joke

·
Registered
15 Posts
I don't think that we have a governor problem but we do have a tuning problem!

My Car (2.4 SX Koup w/ 6 speed manual) totally chokes and pukes when I press too hard on the gas pedal after shifting in to 2nd gear in a racing situation! :(

This reminds me of the same issue I had with my 79 Z28 Camero back in the day. Too much gas and not enough air!
I'm going to buy a tuning chip to see if that corrects the problem unless someone has already tried that?

By the way it will burry the speedo! No not going down hill either.

Little RED Rockett!
And I still average 37 mpg

·
Registered
76 Posts
Magic mileage

What are you adding to the gas and what grade??? 37 is pretty hard to believe. Did you check the math. I did a 400 mile round trip on basically flat roads and got 32, avg 70 mph on a 50 degree day. No wind to mention. Please tell me more about this magic car.

My Car (2.4 SX Koup w/ 6 speed manual) totally chokes and pukes when I press too hard on the gas pedal after shifting in to 2nd gear in a racing situation! :(

This reminds me of the same issue I had with my 79 Z28 Camero back in the day. Too much gas and not enough air!
I'm going to buy a tuning chip to see if that corrects the problem unless someone has already tried that?

By the way it will burry the speedo! No not going down hill either.

Little RED Rockett!
And I still average 37 mpg

·
Registered
486 Posts
i would love a meet that would be awsome!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm just using the mileage numbers that the car tracks. I have not actually crunched the numbers independently. The salesman told me that one of the mileage numbers was based on city driving, ie: Driving in 1-4th gear and the second number is driving in 5-6th gear. Assuming that the salesman was correct, 5-6th gear is the number I was referring to and is the most accurate number I can lay claim too without crunching the numbers.

It does help that I drive 500+ miles a week and 90+% of them are freeway miles averaging speeds of 65mph in 6th gear. I do use Middle grade gas, skip gears when up shifting, draft behind larger vehicles and coast down most hills in neutral. All of those things can make a difference. The car has a little over 6000 miles on it at this point and that mpg number just jumped to 38 today.

I will check it at the next fill up and let you know if the computer is even close to the real number.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am not guite sure I get this yet.

There is a single MPG calculation on the display. It is based on MPG,not what gear you're in.
There is a second value displayed, but it is the average miles per hour you are doing, not miles per gallon. You need to look. Then reset you trip meter, run a tank out, divide miles by the number of gallons it took to fill up. Report on that number. You may see instant mileage numbers hit 37, 38, or even higher when coasting, but that is also a different display. Did you notice that everytime you fill up, the average MPG meter resets itself.

I'm just using the mileage numbers that the car tracks. I have not actually crunched the numbers independently. The salesman told me that one of the mileage numbers was based on city driving, ie: Driving in 1-4th gear and the second number is driving in 5-6th gear. Assuming that the salesman was correct, 5-6th gear is the number I was referring to and is the most accurate number I can lay claim too without crunching the numbers.

It does help that I drive 500+ miles a week and 90+% of them are freeway miles averaging speeds of 65mph in 6th gear. I do use Middle grade gas, skip gears when up shifting, draft behind larger vehicles and coast down most hills in neutral. All of those things can make a difference. The car has a little over 6000 miles on it at this point and that mpg number just jumped to 38 today.

I will check it at the next fill up and let you know if the computer is even close to the real number.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts