Kia Forte Forum banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
I hit 210km/h with my Forte Koup EX 2.0L. With the Eco minder off. The car was shaking like crazy.

·
Registered
587 Posts
A 'friend' in a 2.4 Koup SX was travelling up the 404 going up against an older WRZ. Speeds was between 200 to 210km/hr ....when the WRZ seemed to have some mechanical problems as a plum of smoke came pouring out his exhaust, and he dropped out...but all this time, 'he tells' me that the governor never kicked in...Hmmmm?
Just my $0.02

Oh...and Koup was quite stable.

·
Premium Member
1,820 Posts
I hit 142mph already with the button I need a long streach road so I can hit 150

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hit 142mph already with the button I need a long streach road so I can hit 150

Did you have your speed limiter reset?? 127mph and 132mph are what the car mags say the SX sedan and koup are governed. my EX hit limiter at a displayed speed of 121mph, but I think it's actually around 118mph

·
Registered
15 Posts
I hit 210km/h with my Forte Koup EX 2.0L. With the Eco minder off. The car was shaking like crazy.
How many miles are on the car and when was the last time you had the tires balanced and rotated? Did someone curb your rims and bend them up?
My 6 speed SX Koup does a 130 mph smooth as silk!

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is a single MPG calculation on the display. It is based on MPG,not what gear you're in.
There is a second value displayed, but it is the average miles per hour you are doing, not miles per gallon. You need to look. Then reset you trip meter, run a tank out, divide miles by the number of gallons it took to fill up. Report on that number. You may see instant mileage numbers hit 37, 38, or even higher when coasting, but that is also a different display. Did you notice that everytime you fill up, the average MPG meter resets itself.
Ah Yea about that other number.... I listened to the dumb salesman; It was actually the average speed increasing.
However I can get 36-37MPG one way reseting the MPG gauge once at HWY speed on a 20 mile trip on the freeway at 60MPH using the tricks I posted. I have even seen a 38MPG once

Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah about the forte owner i really havent experienced any vigorous shaking going at that speed. 2 days ago i had my buddy next to me and i wanted to test out wether it was true about not needed to shift while using shiftronic and i guess you guys were right me and my buddy were like wtf. But anyhow i was in 4th gear at 110mph and the car was still picking up and my buddy couldnt believe how smooth it was riding. I wanted to take it up to atleast 130 but i freaking hit a little bump in the road and boy was i shitting bricks but again as son as the road was leveled smooth as butter. Gotta love it man.

·
Registered
114 Posts
hey everyone i have the sx sedan and i hit 138 in the forte but prob its about 5 mph less so yea 132 the car didnt shut of or anything it just really didnt want to pull anymore so id say round 132 to 135 is the top speed

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
I've done 125 and she was smooth and planted around corners. The limiter is apparently at 132 MPH stock for the SX, but without the limiter it feels like there's more to go. My Koup had plenty of pull up there, so I wonder what the top speed would be if it were just left drag limited?

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
We should all just come together and have a drag race. And see which one of us has enough guts to make it the fastest! Great plan, right?? :D
I'm game.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Better have replaced your stock tires first. Thats all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I should not admit this but i had mine to 125 and it still wanted to go faster but i ran out of road, i am stupid for going this fast on a public road, but it was fun.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had it up to 130mph one time, and I thought it felt very smooth. It felt like I could have went faster, but I had to slow down due to an upcoming corner. I'd really like to know what a turboed engine could accomplish.

·
Registered
154 Posts
wat i do know is i hit 127mph on my 2.4 forte and got to paranoid and hit the brakes
lol u should try a crouch rocket...i did 175mph ..lol but i sold it so i couldnt kill myself on it
,lol

·
Registered
36 Posts
i've topped mine out at 210km/h which is about 130mph

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ok so lets rephrase the thread to I got my car up to 130 but then backed down. There is no limiter on the cars. The shut off is when you let your foot off the gas. If you do not have your car set up for those speeds don't go that fast plain and simple.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts