Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone find a similar sound th this exhaust? It sounds sooo sick! I can picture this sound on my car! It would deff turn peeps heads.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ya, you can buy an 08' STI and get hte same Greddy exhaust as him lol.

if not, I just checked youtube and there are plenty of videos of Forte's with after market exhausts. Find one you like and msg the owner of the vid to find out more.

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
The STI provides a distinctive exhaust note due to their motor.
There are a few exhaust systems out in the market now from aftermarket to Kia Canada's performance axle-back exhaust (Kia part no. 99997 921M01).

Kia's exhaust has a really nice deep rumble to it and a sexy burble sound when you let off the throttle.

There are 7 videos (incl. the stock sound for comparison) of different scenarios so you can get a idea of the sound you hear during everyday driving. Search for 'Koup SXR'

The first few pages of my build thread shows you what's involded on the installation side of the Kia exhaust.

·
Registered
427 Posts
i called vibrant today and they werent able to tell me if they had the sx-tr muffler in. I want.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I emailed Ark Performace about their exhaust kit that they are developing for the Koup, and they said it will be available in the coming month, So I'm waiting on how that one turns out/sounds.

·
Registered
708 Posts
you can get it.. however that requires you to get ancustom un-equal length header made ( this is what contributes to the sound that sti's and subarus have. look up sti's with equal length manifolds they dont sound much different then a "regular" car)

and really its not worth it.. IMO the kia sounds great for a stock car

·
Premium Member
656 Posts
i called vibrant today and they werent able to tell me if they had the sx-tr muffler in. I want.
The Kia Canada 'R' axle-back is purchased through a Kia Canada dealership and not via Vibrant directly. I know Kia Canada has them in-stock though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts