Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, just thought I'd introduce myself. Bob here, and I just picked up a 2011 Forte 5-door EX, with all the goodies. I wanted the base model engine, cause I'm currently commuting >90 mi. a day right now, and gas is about $4.15 in my neck of the woods. My previous daily driver runs premium and I can squeeze out 25mpg if I'm good, but the turbo usually makes that difficult :rolleyes:

Anyway, here's some crappy cell phone pics for now. This Kia will stay pretty much stock, but clean as a whistle to make up for it.

And just for fun, my moderately modified "love of my life", the '99 Audi A4 1.8TQM

A breif synopsis (for anyone who's curious)
-H&R Sport springs, Bilstein shocks
-Enkei 17X7 wheels, currently in the market for new tires :p
-Turbo-back exhaust, cat-delete, 2.5 stainless
-intake w/heat sheild
-APR stg.1 ECU reprogram with 91/100 octane files
-Forge splitter DV
-European headlights, 6K 55w HID low beams, 3K high beams
-Homebrew LED parking lights
-Podi steering column boost gauge with electronic stepper gauge
-A whole mess of other stuff
-Massive boost leak, expensive oil changes, 109K mi, never been sexier. :cool:

Thanks in advance for a warm welcome, questions comments suggestions and so on are all welcome here! :D

`Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the KIA better!
lol, to be expected I suppose, especially considering the forum I'm posting in... I do love the Kia so far though, very very impressed with it. Love the touchscreen navigation / satellite combo, glad I went with that. Only one thing though, it's supposed to get up to 37mpg on the highway, and I do almost exclusively highway and I'm seeing a max average of 30mpg. Is there a break-in period for these cars?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yeah, if you look around lots of people post better mpg after a couple thousand miles.

Love the Audi - I would rather drive that. Time to go stage 2! Always wanted one with all the apr goodies!

Enjoy your new forte 5- I have been impressed with ours so far. Wish I had the tech package.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, if you look around lots of people post better mpg after a couple thousand miles.

Love the Audi - I would rather drive that. Time to go stage 2! Always wanted one with all the apr goodies!

Enjoy your new forte 5- I have been impressed with ours so far. Wish I had the tech package.

Yeah, I'm loving the technology package, it was well worth the swindling it took to get it! The backup camera is hard to get used to, but it's actually quite useful.

Also, long term plans for the Audi include displacement increase, built bottom end, built top end, and a 3076R turbo, but that's not for a year or two!

Plans for the Kia: drive it for as many years as I possibly can...I want 200K miles! :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.