Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all!

I just recently bought a Kia Forte Koup SX with 6sp manual. It is my first manual and I've heard it is a tough one to learn on with the touchy throttle. Needless to say, I am getting the hang of it at the expense of the clutch at some points.

I was just browsing around for upgrades to the car and came across this forum and it seems like a great place to get information and ask questions. I'm a pseudo car guy but not an expert by any means, the only other two cars I've ever owned where Chevy's, a '92 Cavalier and a '08 Cobalt LS (which I traded in to get the Forte Koup) so this would be my car that I am willing to try some mods on.

Anyway, I am glad to become a part of this forum and I look forward to offering any insight that I might be able to give! :)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Greetings! Good luck with the learning how to drive manual.

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Welcome and you will get used to it. I will suggest the turbokits CAI as it helped with low rpm responsiveness on my 6sp mt.

Also your not to far from me. From Kingston, just bought a house in nanticoke.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone!

So far I am getting used to it. I am very familiar with the concept, but just never had one to practice on. I only drove a manual, maybe 3 times before this around a neighborhood, I wanted my own to learn on, so I got one! ;)

I am reasonably familiar with nanticoke, I went to LCCC there for a summer math class, that was a fun drive with some good winding roads :D Hazleton isnt too far away, but I moved down to Bethlehem (about an hour southeast of Hazleton) for my job, but I am back there a lot on weekends to visit friends and family.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts