Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Heyy y'all. Just did a really tedious mod...I kept messing up, and water kept seeping through the gaps!! Argh! But anyways, it's pinstriping the grill like the golf gti. It really makes the grill POP out!! I tried putting a little bit of the pinstripe on the edge of the wheels to see what it looks like. But overall I loveee the way this looks! Not too shabby for a $4 pinstriping roll. Well... give me your feedback etc etc. :D

And for those who want, I included a pic of the package! Go get it at Autozone!! :D Just keep in mind I was the first!!! lol

Attachments

·
Registered
348 Posts
Pretty interesting idea. Curious to see how it stands up in a car wash, but go gentle and it shouldn't have too much issue.

Nicely done!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fan-freakin-tastic!
Thanks D113!! :D

Pretty interesting idea. Curious to see how it stands up in a car wash, but go gentle and it shouldn't have too much issue.

Nicely done!
Thanks! I was a little curious about that too.. good thing I only hand wash my baby! No machines are gonna slap plastic foam things at my car! Lol. We'll have to see when the weather gets better and I can wash her without it raining 10 mins later!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Very nice! Not so much on the wheel though...

How much time did it take from start to finish?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Looks sharp! Good job. :)

The auto washes I go to are the high pressure touch-less, no brushes or foam pads but would be interesting if the stripes stand up to that.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Looks sharp! Good job. :)

The auto washes I go to are the high pressure touch-less, no brushes or foam pads but would be interesting if the stripes stand up to that.
Thankies!! And yeah, that's an idea... the package says to give it a full 24 hours for it to settle in and bond, so we'll have to see the final results tomorrow afternoon.

Very nice! Not so much on the wheel though...

How much time did it take from start to finish?
You don't like the wheel... lol I don't like it too much either... I think if I took off the silver inserts and had a moment of creative genius it would look nice.

And it took about an hour. Only because I am a perfectionist... but mostly because of the wind. I got so frustrated at one point because pinstripe got stuck in my hair! But its simple and easy, just clean your bumper good then stick it on gently... then press it in! Then bam! :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
You don't like the wheel... lol I don't like it too much either... I think if I took off the silver inserts and had a moment of creative genius it would look nice.

And it took about an hour. Only because I am a perfectionist... but mostly because of the wind. I got so frustrated at one point because pinstripe got stuck in my hair! But its simple and easy, just clean your bumper good then stick it on gently... then press it in! Then bam! :D
It might look better with the silver inserts removed...

I'm a perfectionist too, but dont have to worry about the hair thing...shaved head!! lol

·
Premium Member
2,601 Posts
Funny that you just posted this. I was looking at a Forte from Korea this morning with this done to it and thought about also doing it. Definitely looks sharp.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Funny that you just posted this. I was looking at a Forte from Korea this morning with this done to it and thought about also doing it. Definitely looks sharp.
Yep! That's where I got my inspiration from too! But I did mine different... It def makes the bottom grill stand out more! I might go in with another stripe to thicken it, but I think it looks awesome.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Looks great, I did try the wider part of the lip on grill but it was too hard to get right but this is a great idea I must try it on my black Forte

·
Registered
526 Posts
That does look very good! You did a really nice job! And you read my mind Dvipercop... it would look good on the wheels with the inserts removed and it would also cover the holes...Hum...I may try that!

·
Registered
587 Posts
It looks wicked sweet!
You must have steady hands!

Thanks for posting the pics!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
It looks wicked sweet!
You must have steady hands!

Thanks for posting the pics!
You're welcomee! And I have really shaky hands, it just too me forever to get it in a way that I was satisfied with.

Thankies for alll the comments guys!! :D I feel loved! Lol. I am actually gonna go out tomorrow and buy another roll and see what I can think about with the tires!! Its pretty worth while if you're not sure about it, because its only $4. And you can put a lil bit on (as long as you have one end that isn't stuck to the car) just to see how it looks and if you dont like it you can remove it right then and there.

·
Registered
449 Posts
aha!! there it is!!

Awesome, it looks very very good! i like it a lot, definitely have to check it out in person, keep the mods going! :D

·
Registered
88 Posts
Now that looks awesome. I think Im going to have to copy that. I love how you really dont have to spend much to make this car pop.

1 - 20 of 152 Posts