Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen conflicting info on whether the Koup and Sedan grille are interchangeable. Anyone know if they're the same size and fit? I prefer the black of the Koup to the Sedan's chrome.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to post to an old topic but I was wondering if this is the case for sure. Does the Koup grille fit the sedan exactly? Thanks.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bummer. According to another thead here I guess it needs some modification to fit...

Replaced sedan chrome with koup black grille and will fit with some work . It is not a direct swap proceedure . Pull front bumper off completely and trim/remove some areas but i found it a worthwhile effort .

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
No. That post is referring to the chrome trim around the grille. I'm telling you the grille is a 100% fit swap. No modification. I have a Sedan EX and a Koup EX grille sitting in my shed that I test fit a few months ago.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok. The only reason I want to be sure is I am going to buy one and don't want to have to mod it to fit. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
42 Posts
No. That post is referring to the chrome trim around the grille. I'm telling you the grille is a 100% fit swap. No modification. I have a Sedan EX and a Koup EX grille sitting in my shed that I test fit a few months ago.
I didn't find this to be true at all. I posted this in another form some time ago, but there is 4 small stubs that stick out in the back of the grill where the screws go in from the behind, and also 'pop' into the fender. the ones for the koup have 2 that are placed lower on the top, and because of this, it wont fit. What I've done is saw it off (its plastic) and the glued it higher up and then it was able to fit in. It's a bit difficult to explain without pictures, so once I go home I can post a picture explaining it. That being said, even though its not 100%, it can be made with little effort (saw + crazy glue).
I should also note that this was from a 2010 koup grill to a 2010 sedan, so maybe they've changed it in the later models.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I didn't find this to be true at all. I posted this in another form some time ago, but there is 4 small stubs that stick out in the back of the grill where the screws go in from the behind, and also 'pop' into the fender. the ones for the koup have 2 that are placed lower on the top, and because of this, it wont fit. What I've done is saw it off (its plastic) and the glued it higher up and then it was able to fit in. It's a bit difficult to explain without pictures, so once I go home I can post a picture explaining it. That being said, even though its not 100%, it can be made with little effort (saw + crazy glue).
I should also note that this was from a 2010 koup grill to a 2010 sedan, so maybe they've changed it in the later models.

Fender? The grille doesn't touch the fender.

When I installed my fog lights I took the '10 Koup grille I had and put it onto my '10 Sedan. It was a straight swap. Maybe I got a miracle grille or something.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, this is the problem... some people say it fits great, other say it has to be modded. I wish I could know for sure.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Fender? The grille doesn't touch the fender.

When I installed my fog lights I took the '10 Koup grille I had and put it onto my '10 Sedan. It was a straight swap. Maybe I got a miracle grille or something.
oops, sorry. I meant bumper.
I guess the differences in fit can happen for a few reasons.
I ordered mine from this seller on ebay. The seller is korean, so maybe different region models have the stubs in different locations (im guessing he gets them from the korean car models?). My car is the Canadian model, so perhaps that could be the difference, as I'm guessing yours is US model?

The other reason could be maybe mine (and others?) could have been a manufacturing defect, hence why the stubs were placed lower and didn't fit 100%?

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Maybe. They could have also changed design midway thru a yr or something as well. I mean either way, if it needs to be modified it will be very minimal and only on the mounting tabs. The shape and fit will be the same across the board.

Could even be that the tabs you are talking about were already broken off of mine and I didn't notice. Who knows lol.

·
Premium Member
1,623 Posts
I've got a Koup Grill for sale, if you are interested.

·
Registered
42 Posts

this is my sedan grill that i've taken off for the koup one, and the object in the circle is what I'm talking about what was lower on the koup grill for both sides. But as I've said, its simple to just saw off and then glue it to the proper position with crazy glue (if you need to that is).

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
If that were in the way I'd imagine they don't matter. Just cut em off and go. Any aftermarket grille is compatible with both cars. Either way, if any modification is needed, its very minor and not at all cosmetic. Maybe it's just luck of the draw though cuz like I said mine was a straight swap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts