Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, just wanted to get some input on what is thought to be the best quality black, aftermarket grille out there. I want one without the emblem, or any emblem.
I have a titanium silver Koup SX and am leaning toward black.
Thanks in advance, I'll check back tomorrow, got to get to work. Great forum, everyone, Ken.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
Korean Auto Imports

Get the grille in black.

Not a fan of the mesh and billet grilles. For some reason the grille is listed as an NEFD grille, the actual company that makes them is ArtX and they're on Ebay. That's where I got mine.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Both of the above are good suggestions, so it's a hard decision. I had considered them both, but just settled for neither. :) Or you can wait to see what G&M comes up with.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
still undecided

Thanks all, I guess this isn't gonna be easy. I thought I wanted
billet but after seeing some of these I'm going to have to look some more, thanks again.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
comparing the billet to the nefd isnt really possible IMO. the billet grill is just an overlay. all your buying is a piece of metal(or whatever they use. steel?) and then you take the black zip ties they sent you and you mount it on top of your stock grill. that was mainly the reason why i sold mine and ordered this one. the nefd grill is a full grill.

P.S. idk what the billet grill price is now but i bought it powder coated for 190 and i paid 259 for the nefd grill so i think youll definitely think the extra 69 bucks is worth it

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Aiden, I like the look of your billet, in the thumbnail I can't really tell
it's an "overlay". Did you have any issues with chipping?

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I like the Bright grill. Same mesh as RoadRuns inside to stop the bugs and rocks plus louvers for style.

·
Premium Member
2,249 Posts
Aiden, I like the look of your billet, in the thumbnail I can't really tell
it's an "overlay". Did you have any issues with chipping?
there were maybe 1 or 2 rock chips. nothing noticeable at all. i didnt even see them until i was taking it off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts