Kia Forte Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting about 1,000 watts of bass in my sedan and I know its good to put some extra ground cables in to prevent voltage drops. I was thinking of just putting a 0 gauge cable straight to the frame metal from the negative on the battery.

So my question is what have the rest of you done for this?
Did you go and buy a grounding kit or just do something yourself?

Any helpful info and pics are appreciated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
just do something your self, be sure to use quality cables and connectors (obviously) have them cut a liberal length and hook em up its fairly simple takes 20-30 min

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
I'm putting about 1,000 watts of bass in my sedan and I know its good to put some extra ground cables in to prevent voltage drops. I was thinking of just putting a 0 gauge cable straight to the frame metal from the negative on the battery.

Here's what I did:
Added a 4awg cable to the existing batt negative to chassis. And did the same door the engine to chassis.

The best solution though is to run a second 2-4 awg run from the batt negative to your amp along with your power run.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts

Here's what I did:
Added a 4awg cable to the existing batt negative to chassis. And did the same door the engine to chassis.

The best solution though is to run a second 2-4 awg run from the batt negative to your amp along with your power run. You can run this to the post that you add for the amp ground and that way you are grounded to the chassis in the rear still but the circuit take the easier path due to less resistance of ground run, and you add the safety factor of the chassis point in the rear.

·
Registered
318 Posts
iasca standards say never make your ground cable over 3 feet... same thing with your inline fuses. and your ground from alt to battery and grounding the engine to frame you shouldnt need anything more the a 4 guage

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
do this.
How To Do The Big 3: Tutorial - SMD Forum
it's called the big 3. in short. 0ga from alternator to battery. battery grounded to chassis. and ground engine to chassis
I was going to mention this but didn't want to scare anyone off! You can see I've mentioned it in past threads though. Anywaysbif someone successfully does the alt to batt, please let me know! Our alts seem buried!

As for iasca standards,.. Can you tell me the reason why or why not? I'd be very interested to know if it's for anything other than standardization of rules and ton level the playing field since there's not a lot of sense not to.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
ok- seriously dumb question time here..........
but is this why we see so many ricers with fire exstenguisers (i know my spelling is wrong) on the ricers?

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
D113 i agree about the alt being buried. i haven't figured how to get to the terminal either. only way i was thinking was moving the the tube near there (temporarily) and moving whatever fluid container is there. but until i get everything i'm not risking anything.

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
ok- seriously dumb question time here..........
but is this why we see so many ricers with fire exstenguisers (i know my spelling is wrong) on the ricers?
Nope lol but a very creative question!

They are usually there for engine elated problems... Namely nitrous.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts